Online College?

Moondrelor

depends on how you like to work i guess. 

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

depends on how you like to work i guess. 

Well, my life is stressful enough, so, trying to debate if going to a college would be more or less stressful than taking online courses... I'm on the computer all the time, but afraid I can't motivate myself to do my work over the computer. Though, I've never tried online schooling...

what subject?

maths? rough

programming? ez

Math ezpz.

I want to do computer science and some kind of programming course.

Here's the thing, any tests quizzes etc are easy because you can cheat. The catch is that a degree from an online University in today's market for jobs carries virtually no weight because all employers know it's a joke. Even bachelor's degrees (where I live) are common and a masters is needed to set yourself apart. So ask yourself, do you want a degree and a real job? Or a certification in something?

Here's the thing, any tests quizzes etc are easy because you can cheat. The catch is that a degree from an online University in today's market for jobs carries virtually no weight because all employers know it's a joke. Even bachelor's degrees (where I live) are common and a masters is needed to set yourself apart. So ask yourself, do you want a degree and a real job? Or a certification in something?

I think I'm just aiming more for certifications..

Honestly, I'm 20 and still don't know where I want to be.

I've just worked hard and busted my ass all the time trying to support myself -_-

Never had time to think about college.

I've just worked hard and busted my ass all the time trying to support myself -_-

20 isn't too late to know where you are. Things change in life very quickly so don't worry about not knowing what you want to do. It's never to late to learn something. I guess the only thing about knowing what you want to do when you're young is it allows you to actually determine whether you like it or not.

I am currently doing IT at 18 years old. It's what I want to do but that doesn't mean that in the next 20 years, I'll still be doing IT. Things change, believe me.

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

Well, my life is stressful enough, so, trying to debate if going to a college would be more or less stressful than taking online courses... I'm on the computer all the time, but afraid I can't motivate myself to do my work over the computer. Though, I've never tried online schooling...

Yeah thats the thing. I know I wouldn't be able to do an online course. I'm sure for a structured and disciplined person they're great, and even more flexible than college. 

Personally i'd go for college, its more engaging and there are more opportunities that will come by, professional social or otherwise. Sure theres more hastle, but hey :P 

20 isn't too late to know where you are. Things change in life very quickly so don't worry about not knowing what you want to do. It's never to late to learn something. I guess the only thing about knowing what you want to do when you're young is it allows you to actually determine whether you like it or not.

I am currently doing IT at 18 years old. It's what I want to do but that doesn't mean that in the next 20 years, I'll still be doing IT. Things change, believe me.

My goal is to raise a business, but I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to get the money to do the business I want...

Yeah thats the thing. I know I wouldn't be able to do an online course. I'm sure for a structured and disciplined person they're great, and even more flexible than college. 

Personally i'd go for college, its more engaging and there are more opportunities that will come by, professional social or otherwise. Sure theres more hastle, but hey :P

Aye, maybe I'll meet someone. LEL.

That's exactly why you want to get a real degree. It will allow you to do anything in that field, certifications will only let you do that one thing

Aye, maybe I'll meet someone. LEL.

haha yes, you never know! :P 

That's exactly why you want to get a real degree. It will allow you to do anything in that field, certifications will only let you do that one thing

I am going for a degree :)

My Gaming Rig;  Motherboard - ASUS Maximus VI Hero | CPU - Intel i5 4670k @4.5Ghz 1.25v | GPU - GIGABYTE GTX 980 @Stock | RAM -  16GB Corsair Vengeance @1866Mhz | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i | Storage #1 - Samsung 840 Basic 250GB SSD | Storage #2 - Sandisk II 480GB SSD | Storage #3 - 2TB 7200rpm 64mb HDDPSU - Corsair HX750 | Case - Fractal Design R4 |

I am going for a degree :)

As am I, Masters in mechanical engineering and a bachelor's in business. Gonna be a long road ahead of me