Looking for a new CPU

BZN

Hello!

A few days ago i started to look for a CPU that could fit in my motherboard, but i have found nothing yet, so maybe you can help me.

My motherboard uses LGA1156. Are there processors that won't bottleneck my 4GB nVidia videocard, or do i need to change my motherboard?

Hello!

A few days ago i started to look for a CPU that could fit in my motherboard, but i have found nothing yet, so maybe you can help me.

My motherboard uses LGA1156. Are there processors that won't bottleneck my 4GB nVidia videocard, or do i need to change my motherboard?

Give us your specs first, and tell us what you're using your PC for.

CPU: AMD FX-6300 4GHz @ 1.3 volts | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | RAM: 8GB DDR3

Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-DS3P | GPU: EVGA GTX 960 SSC | SSD: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO

HDD: 1TB WD Caviar Green | Case: Fractal Design Core 2500 | OS: Windows 10 Home

well 1156 is fuckin old, but see if you can scrounge up a cheapo 875K on ebay and oc it or something

@BZN follow your threads pls

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

Hello!

What is it you are looking to do with the rig. gaming? Media Creation?

Current System Specs:

MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming     CPU: Intel i5 9600k      GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 ti FTW Ultra Silent    PSU: EVGA 750 G2 80+ gold

Ram:  16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200    Storage: 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO/ 4TB WD Blue Case: Corsair 275R-White

That socket is dead you could maybe find a i7 on ebay 

If I’m not back in five minutes, just wait longer.

That socket is dead you could maybe find a i7 on ebay 

well if i were to change my motherboard, at least i'd do an almost complete rig change anyway, because it's kind of old, 2011 to be precise (excepting the ram and the gpu which are from 2015)

Does my current motherboard (asus p7p55d-e) support overclocking though? And if so, do i need a new cooler? (considering i have the original one)

Hmm can you overclock that cpu ? I think that you can and see if you can squeeze a bit more life out of it before building a new rig.

Edit

Does my current motherboard (asus p7p55d-e) support overclocking though? And if so, do i need a new cooler? (considering i have the original one)

I found this.

Rig:Crimson Impaler | CPU: i3 4160 | Cooler: CM Hyper TX3 Evo | Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS | RAM: Kingston Hyper X Savage 16GB kit (2x8) DDR3 1600MHZ CL9 | GPU: Asus Radeon R7 360 | PSU: Corsair CX 430 V2 | Storage: HDD WD 1TB Blue | Case: Delux DLC-MG866

~Half the world is composed of idiots, the other half of people clever enough to take indecent advantage of them.~

well if i were to change my motherboard, at least i'd do an almost complete rig change anyway, because it's kind of old, 2011 to be precise (excepting the ram and the gpu which are from 2015)

It does support overclocking.

If you are changing motherboard, you can bring most of your components to the new system, as only the CPU is incompatible...

If you are looking to do gaming (which games. want to stay current with AAA titles?)

Your socket's top end chips would be the i5-655K and the i7-875k. I say top end because they are both

unlocked and can be overclocked further than the locked Top end processors.

I think you are probably fine going to the top end of your current mobo and keeping the other hardware.

I say that because once you decide to upgrade to a new mobo, then you have to get a new cpu, then new ram, etc.. etc...

and next thing you know you are in $2000 for an "upgrade" (at least thats how i shop xD  )

I would personally get an i7-875k and OC it up to its max (seems to be around 3.6 GHz) and save up for a new system for

when your system actually requires an update a few years down the road

Just my $0.02

Current System Specs:

MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming     CPU: Intel i5 9600k      GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 ti FTW Ultra Silent    PSU: EVGA 750 G2 80+ gold

Ram:  16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200    Storage: 500 GB Samsung 970 EVO/ 4TB WD Blue Case: Corsair 275R-White