Case fan not showing up in AI Suite

carzacc

Today I got my new Arctic F9 PWM case fan, installed as an exhaust and plugged in to the only CHA_FAN connector on my ASUS motherboard.

I went in the UEFI BIOS pressing DEL at startup and the fan was showing up, I set it to the Silent preset, in fact the fan was spinning relatively slowly and the computer was pretty silent

I left the BIOS and started Windows.

At the login screen the fan was already ramping up.

I opened AI Suite(I knew that it could be the problem) and the chassis Fan was not recognized, instead of the graph that I get with the CPU fan, I got a big N/A sign.

It kept its speed(probably full) until the computer was completely powered off.

I now started Ubuntu(I have Windows in dual boot with Ubuntu) to write this here hoping to get an answer from someone.

APU: AMD A10-7850K cooled by an NH-L12; PSU(going to upgrade sooner or later):  Antec VP450P;RAM: 2x4GB HyperX Savage 2133MHz; MOBO: Asus A68HM-Plus; CASE: Itek [something] ; HDD: WD Blue 1TB(WD10EZEX)

OS: Triple boot openSUSE Leap Debian Jessie and Windows 10(aka MSX)

Well in my experience Ai Suite is not the most reliable of software so while I cant suggest a suggestion I can sympathise

Well in my experience Ai Suite is not the most reliable of software so while I cant suggest a suggestion I can sympathise

I ended up uninstalling the software

APU: AMD A10-7850K cooled by an NH-L12; PSU(going to upgrade sooner or later):  Antec VP450P;RAM: 2x4GB HyperX Savage 2133MHz; MOBO: Asus A68HM-Plus; CASE: Itek [something] ; HDD: WD Blue 1TB(WD10EZEX)

OS: Triple boot openSUSE Leap Debian Jessie and Windows 10(aka MSX)

I ended up uninstalling the software

AI suite isn't that bad, but did you do the fan tuning it will not recognize the fans until you run it to check all the parameters, not to mention inside the BIOS you need to make sure the fan headers are setup as PWM control for the PWM fans you have.