Hosting & Servers

Digiguru

So i want to start a hosting company but i don't know what servers system or how to build one to get it started i want to host game servers and teamspeak servers.

So i want to start a hosting company but i don't know what servers system or how to build one to get it started i want to host game servers and teamspeak servers.

Okay, well before you get anywhere near actually starting a hosting company you need to get educated on years' worth of knowledge of how hosting systems work, server management, customer service, and how game and TeamSpeak servers work. You can't just up and start a company based on something you know nothing about and expect it to remotely succeed.

And we're not remotely capable of giving that to you.

EDIT: And you didn't even follow the topic and you're gone so you may never see this. -_-

"Epic Voice, Quality Content"

Okay, well before you get anywhere near actually starting a hosting company you need to get educated on years' worth of knowledge of how hosting systems work, server management, customer service, and how game and TeamSpeak servers work. You can't just up and start a company based on something you know nothing about and expect it to remotely succeed.

EDIT: And you didn't even follow the topic and you're gone so you may never see this. -_-

/thread hahaha

ESXi SysAdmin

I have more cores/threads than you...and I use them all

I started a hosting company about half a year ago. It has taken me over 5 years just to know a tiny bit of what I am doing. Im still a bit clueless. My recommendation: if you really want to go for it (which just saying, the market is extremely crowded, especially for game servers) start with easy stuff, like hosting websites or something.

My native language is C++

My computer keeps power plants in business.

LOL

I know the feels...

What are you running?

ESXi SysAdmin

i5 3570k oc 4ghz, gtx 970 g1 gaming oc, 16gb adata 1600, 2x intel 730 256gb, 4x acer h236hl bid monitors. I also have a local proxmox virtualization server with an e3-1231v3, 8gb ecc ddr3, a 128gb adata ssd, and 10tb of nas storage.

My native language is C++

Dual Xeon E5450s @ 3.0 GHz, 20 GB ECC, 2 72GB 10k SAS in RAID 0, 3 300GB 10k SAS in RAID 5.

Redundant 700W PSUs. 

It charges by the hour xD

ESXi SysAdmin

Here is what you do.

1. Work at being a dick / loose your morale fibre (go do sales for a little bit in the it world)

2. Get subscription to AWS/Azure

3. Decide on what you want your margin to be, as a %

4. Add margin to subscription cost.

5. Bill Customers.

6. ???

7. Profit.

First you need to learn how to use the software and get appropriate licencing, before you go ahead and start buying anything you need to understand your product and be able to support it,  

Then as someone starting off you can look at a place to lease or colo servers from to resell your services, but for now research