Cheap Motherboard for gaming

Mattsoup

I'm trying to build a $300 gaming machine as a contest with my friend.  We saw the video on the youtube channel and we instantly wanted to try it.  I have $50 left in my budget and I want to know what the cheapest board that will still allow me to clock the processor effectively

......we need to know the cpu to help you

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

I'm trying to build a $300 gaming machine as a contest with my friend.  We saw the video on the youtube channel and we instantly wanted to try it.  I have $50 left in my budget and I want to know what the cheapest board that will still allow me to clock the processor effectively

And obviously, we have the all knowing power of what that cpu is.

Which processor though?

What processor is it?

i5-4690k@4.5GHz || MSI GTX 970 || MSI z97 Gaming 5 || NZXT Kraken x61 || WD Black 1TB || Crucial MX100 || 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro || Corsair RM750 || NZXT H440 || Corsair k70 RGB mx browns || Acer H236HL || ViewSonic VX2255wm-4

I'm sorry, I thought I put it in the description.  It's an AMD A4 5300

Where do you live? Not trying to creep... It could help in choosing something 50$.

Build: i5-4460 | GT 720 | Logitech G710+ Keyboard | Corsair M65 Mouse | Dell e2314h Monitor | Windows 10

Generic Dell: Mobo, 8gb RAM, 430w PSU, 1TB Storage, XPS 8700 Case

I'm sorry, I thought I put it in the description.  It's an AMD A4 5300

What exactly is the rest of your system that you managed to scrounge up?

Where do you live? Not trying to creep... It could help in choosing something 50$.

Northeast Ohio.  About .5 hours from Akron

What exactly is the rest of your system that you managed to scrounge up?

A used case I got for free,  an AMD A4 for $40, and MSI GTX 760 for $100, 8GB of Kingston RAM for $35, a 500GB HDD for $30, a $5 used cooler, and a EUGA 430V power supply for $15.

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WXFYvK

This is what I'm looking at except the GPU is a used MSI GTX 760.  The one I put on the list is the same price as the used one I have, it's just a placeholder.  I also have an old case I'm building it in

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WXFYvK

This is what I'm looking at except the GPU is a used MSI GTX 760.  The one I put on the list is the same price as the used one I have, it's just a placeholder.  I also have an old case I'm building it in

No offense, but if your friend got a better cpu, pretty sure he's going to win.

No offense, but if your friend got a better cpu, pretty sure he's going to win.

The benchmarks are cinebench, 2 game benchmarks, and a price score.  If I lose cinebench because I put the cash into graphics I will win

The benchmarks are cinebench, 2 game benchmarks, and a price score.  If I lose cinebench because I put the cash into graphics I will win

Not if you bottleneck the gpu.