Two R9 380x's or One R9 390x?

GamerzCentralYT

I was getting the tri-x oc is that it?

Should be, Nitro is the droid you're looking for. The ones without a backplate have a higher chance of blue screening out of the box.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Should be, Nitro is the droid you're looking for. The ones without a backplate have a higher chance of blue screening out of the box.

Thank you Obi-Wan Kenobi.

don't you find it a bit ironic that nobody does crossfire reviews anymore? I guess amd and nvidia are going to start having to do their own. You're not the only one who wants to know.

cuz it adds to many variables.

Does the driver work?

Scaling?

will a new driver improve scaling?

stuttering? (mostly fixed with both vendors)

price vs performance

power usage vs cost

number of PCIe gen3 lanes?

effect of X number of lanes vs Y number of lanes?

most reviewers use a 5960X... it has 40 Gen3 lanes... enough for 2x 16xGen3..

most consumer devices has 20-28 lanes... enough for 2x 8xGen3...

that is a huge bandwidth discrepancy.

we have reached a time where taking the hassle to build a CF system is no longer neccessary, because hardware is much stronger then software.

People have more money, they can afford the ludicrous stuff if they need to.

Price ranges are MUCH more "accurate"... unlike before were prices of GPUs could vary ALOT, making CF/SLI more tempting because you could buy two weaker cards for the same or slightly less. While getting MUCH more performance....

however, today, you can barely do that...

2x 970 beats a 980Ti by about 5-15% depending on game scaling... Costs the same or more....

You guys ever consider the fact that Radeons take more power, make more heat, and they lack physX? Not to mention games favor nvidia?

I wonder...

You guys ever consider the fact that Radeons take more power, make more heat, and they lack physX? Not to mention games favor nvidia?

I wonder...

If anyone asks you never saw me.

Im gonna tell you exactly what you dont want to hear...

DONT BUY 2 380X'S

If you want to do a direct comparison of how much power you get you will find you will be paying more (about 1/3rd), for 2x 380'x and getting about 1/3rd less on stream processors as well as a supposed drop in chip power, though overclocks are another thing. 

If its just 2 processors running in tandem, it would in theory win over the 390 and 390x,,,

But there is some argument about scaling in SLI/Cross Fire and its effectiveness. You might have double the basic processors, but it doesn't give you double the processing power.

Its not my fault I am grumpy, you try having a porcelain todger that's always hard! 

If you want to do a direct comparison of how much power you get you will find you will be paying more (about 1/3rd), for 2x 380'x and getting about 1/3rd less on stream processors as well as a supposed drop in chip power, though overclocks are another thing. 

If its just 2 processors running in tandem, it would in theory win over the 390 and 390x,,,

But there is some argument about scaling in SLI/Cross Fire and its effectiveness. You might have double the basic processors, but it doesn't give you double the processing power.

Crossfire support has unfortunately gone in the toilet. The fastest single GPU seems like the way to go

CPU: Intel i7 4770k w/Noctua NH-D15, Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97 Ultra Durable, RAM: Patriot 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4Gb), GPU: MSI R9 390x Gaming,

SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 1Tb, HDD: Caviar Black 1Tb, Seagate 4Tb Hybrid, Case: Fractal Design Define R4, PSU: Antec Earthwatts 750w 

Phone: LG G2 32Gb Black (Verizon) Laptop: Fujitsu Lifebook E754 w/ 1TB Samsung 840 Evo SSD Vehicle: 2012 Nissan Xterra named Rocky