Best Usb flash drive to run OS from

Hello guys.

So I have been running Ubuntu along with some other bootable programs (kavspersky, Memtest etc) off my 16gb micro sd Sandisk ultra. It runs fine, but it gets way too hot and it is pretty slow. Thus I had been itching for a new flash drive for quite some time. Thing is, I use this flash drive as a recovery drive with useful utilities along with Ubuntu. This is not meant for everyday use , but as an emergency drive in case something on my main rig starts failing , or I need to troubleshoot another computer. I need this flash drive to be on my keychain 24/7. Therefore I need a sturdy drive witha keychain hole that can run an OS at decent speeds. Plastic usb drives tend to be wrecked when kept with my keys , so a metal flash drive is preferable.

Any suggestions?

Also, is read speed or write speed more important when looking for bootable drives?

Note: I already own a Cruzer Extreme which I use as my secondary OS drive, permanently mounted on my pc. Its a great little drive, but I believe I need somethinf far more rugged if I expect it to last drops and scratches by my keys.

If you want a rugged fast USB drive I'd look no further than Corsair's Voyagers / Survivors. Theyre premium and expensive, but they're fast, high capacity and sturdy :)

http://www.corsair.com/en/usb-drives

@Lazarba follow your threads :)

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

CPU:Intel Core i3 3210 Mobo:MSI B75MA-E33  GPU:Intel 2500 HD Graphics  SSD:Adata SP600 128gb  HDD:Seagate 1tb 7200rpm  

PSU:Corsair CX430   Case:Antec ASK4000bU3  Monitor:Dell S2240l 21.5 inch 1080p

If you want a rugged fast USB drive I'd look no further than Corsair's Voyagers / Survivors. Theyre premium and expensive, but they're fast, high capacity and sturdy :)

http://www.corsair.com/en/usb-drives

@Lazarba follow your threads :)

Well , the Survivor line is out of the question given their size , since I keep my keys in my pockets and I usually wear jeans.

Voyager Vega and Voyager Mini are perfect for the job but both feature terrible write speeds from what I've read. I know nothing about the Voyager Go. The Voyager and Voyager GT are pretty big, so they are my last resort options. What do you guys tnink of Go, Vega and Mini?

The Transcend Jetflash 710 features 125/25 read/write speeds which is far better than the Voyager Vega or Mini, so I think I will get that one!