s3 for iPhone 5?

biggiepk

Hi guys. 
I met dude online on some site and i offered him my s3 and 70$ for his iPhone 5. He says that his iPhone 5 is simfree but it has some iCloud thing/problem. He uses phone normaly without problems everyday but on icloud the find my iPhone is turned on. Also he says he upgrade phone to 9.2 ios, and everything works but you cannot restore phone becouse then phone would lock or smth like that.

I wanna know know what the hell is he talking about? Is he lying or? Sorry for bad english.

Hi guys. 

I met dude online on some site and i offered him my s3 and 70$ for his iPhone 5. He says that his iPhone 5 is simfree but it has some iCloud thing/problem. He uses phone normaly without problems everyday but on icloud the find my iPhone is turned on. Also he says he upgrade phone to 9.2 ios, and everything works but you cannot restore phone becouse then phone would lock or smth like that.

I wanna know know what the hell is he talking about? Is he lying or? Sorry for bad english.

Don't trust that guy, he stole the phone. It's locked and you can't restore your data or wipe it.

Basically his iPhone is protected with iCloud and linked to an account he doesn't own. So when you restore it, it'll ask you the password of this account PLUS a code if dual step authentification is enabled. It's also illegal I guess.

|| CPU - i7 4790K @4.6GHz || GPU - MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G || Motherboard - Asus Z97-A || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury @1866MHz |Case Be quiet! Silent Base 800 ||

|| CPU Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO || Storage - Samsung 850 Pro 256GB & Seagate Barracuda 2TB (+ WD Caviar Green 2TB) ||

|| Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core || Keyboard - Corsair K70 (MX Red) ||

the iphone is icloud blocked and you can`t do nothing with it. its stolen/found

Never buy a (USED/OLD) Iphone because there are huge list of issues that are in used/old iphones.

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Corsair Vengeance lpx 32gb 3600mhz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING | XPG Core Reactor 850w

Yeah the iPhone 5 does not have an SD card slot so you are stuck with iCloud for storage expansion. Yes it can be upgraded to 9.2, the whole locking thing sounds stechy to me, sounds like he is trying to sell you a stolen phone. To be honest spec wise you are not upgrading at all, same back camera, lower front camera, you'd be stuck using itunes to transfer songs and stuff over, you lose option to use the phones internal/sd card space as a mobile flashdrive (I use my S3 like this a lot), same WiFi standards, weaker corning gorilla glass on the iphone 5, and you won't be able to use the micro-sim of the S3 in the nano-sim slot of the iphone, If you wanna breath new live into the S3, I highly suggest Cyanogenmod. What S3 model do you have? 

The World R:Craft - Where Dot Hack Meets Minecraft
More Info at http://forums.cyberconnects2.com/index.php#the-world-r-craft.24

Yeah the iPhone 5 does not have an SD card slot so you are stuck with iCloud for storage expansion. Yes it can be upgraded to 9.2, the whole locking thing sounds stechy to me, sounds like he is trying to sell you a stolen phone. To be honest spec wise you are not upgrading at all, same back camera, lower front camera, you'd be stuck using itunes to transfer songs and stuff over, you lose option to use the phones internal/sd card space as a mobile flashdrive (I use my S3 like this a lot), same WiFi standards, weaker corning gorilla glass on the iphone 5, and you won't be able to use the micro-sim of the S3 in the nano-sim slot of the iphone, If you wanna breath new live into the S3, I highly suggest Cyanogenmod. What S3 model do you have? 

don`t start talking about specs lol. the camera is better on the iphone.the build on the iphone is premium not plastic.an used iphone 5 costs more than an used galaxy s4.so nevermind the s3.last thing the iphone 5 got the latest oficial iOS update and it will prolly get iOS 10.the s3 is on jelly bean

its good if he wants an iphone,just not that one.its stolen

Edited by s3ns3

the build on the iphone is premium not plastic.

From when premium is an material?

I ha ve i9300 i guess, standard s3.. how can i do install that mod? 

I ha ve i9300 i guess, standard s3.. how can i do install that mod? 

Are you rooted and have custom recovery installed? I'm just going to list all the steps to root, install TWRP, then CM 12.1.

• First backup any photos on the phones memory and contacts as well.
  • You will need to download and install Odin on your PC. http://odindownload.com/ Download v3.10.7, should work fine.
  • Once you have Odin installed, download the proper .tar file for your device https://dl.twrp.me/i9300/twrp-2.8.7.3-i9300.img
  • Go to options and make sure only Auto-Reboot and F. Reset Time are selected. <should fix the install being removed and not working
  • Power off your device.
  • Turn on your device by holding down the volume down and home keys as you press the power button, making to to keep holding them until you get into the download mode, then press volume up to get into download mode and attach the device to your computer via a USB cable.
  • Use the PDA tab or button in Odin to browse to and select the tar file that you downloaded and flash the device. You have now installed TWRP for the S3. 
  • Either hold down the power button until the S3 shuts off or pull the battery making sure you are not attached to the usb. 
  • Turn on your S3 by holding down the volume up and home keys keeping them down until you get into TWRP, the recovery program you need.
  • Next download http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=15174 on your computer.
  • On your phone, in TWRP go to Mount.
  • Plug the phone into the computer.
  • Make sure you just have Data and system mounted or if you have an SDcard, mount that instead as it preferred. 
  • Go to you computer and copy over the zip file you just downloaded to your phone or SD Card.
  • Now to Backup and back everything.
  • Next go back to your phone and click Wipe. 
  • Just move the slide bar to the right and Factory Reset your phone.
  • Now go to install and move into either the sdcard (your phones internal memory) or external_sd 
  • click the ArchiDroid_V3.1.5-i9300.zip and install it.

Now click Reboot and reboot into System. This will take a few minutes give or take as it's building everything on the first launch, this is normal. After you are on the home screen, you are finished! You have successfully install CM 12.1 on your S3. If you need/want root access, go to settings, then Developer Options, scroll down a bit click Root Access and either allow it for apps only, ADB only, or both. If you have any questions just message me, I'm free to help the best I can. Always make a backup before installing encase something breaks. You can restore back.

Are you rooted and have custom recovery installed? I'm just going to list all the steps to root, install TWRP, then CM 12.1.

• First backup any photos on the phones memory and contacts as well.
  • You will need to download and install Odin on your PC. http://odindownload.com/ Download v3.10.7, should work fine.
  • Once you have Odin installed, download the proper .tar file for your device https://dl.twrp.me/i9300/twrp-2.8.7.3-i9300.img
  • Power off your device.
  • Turn on your device by holding down the volume down and home keys as you press the power button, making to to keep holding them until you get into the download mode, then press volume up to get into download mode and attach the device to your computer via a USB cable.
  • Use the PDA tab or button in Odin to browse to and select the tar file that you downloaded and flash the device. You have now installed TWRP for the S3. 
  • Either hold down the power button until the S3 shuts off or pull the battery making sure you are not attached to the usb. 
  • Turn on your S3 by holding down the volume up and home keys keeping them down until you get into TWRP, the recovery program you need.
  • Next download http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=15174 on your computer.
  • On your phone, in TWRP go to Mount.
  • Plug the phone into the computer.
  • Make sure you just have Data and system mounted or if you have an SDcard, mount that instead as it preferred. 
  • Go to you computer and copy over the zip file you just downloaded to your phone or SD Card.
  • Now to Backup and back everything.
  • Next go back to your phone and click Wipe. 
  • Just move the slide bar to the right and Factory Reset your phone.
  • Now go to install and move into either the sdcard (your phones internal memory) or external_sd 
  • click the ArchiDroid_V3.1.5-i9300.zip and install it.

Now click Reboot and reboot into System. This will take a few minutes give or take as it's building everything on the first launch, this is normal. After you are on the home screen, you are finished! You have successfully install CM 12.1 on your S3. If you need/want root access, go to settings, then Developer Options, scroll down a bit click Root Access and either allow it for apps only, ADB only, or both. If you have any questions just message me, I'm free to help the best I can. Always make a backup before installing encase something breaks. You can restore back.

How do i make the backup? Currently i'm charhing phone to 100% and also transfering music and videos. Will quote you again. 

How do i make the backup? Currently i'm charhing phone to 100% and also transfering music and videos. Will quote you again. 

Should be an option in the default menu I thought but I could be wrong. Also updated the steps in case anyone else comes across this post.