VG248QE and GTX 570

krep
Hey guys,

Im in the market for a new monitor as my second one just died. I have been looking at the VG248QE. I mainly game and watch some movies.I'm just wondering if its worth getting the VG248QE as i only have a GTX570 to run this and the other monitor (VE247H). Probably won't be able to take advantage of the 144hz.

I might be upgrading my rig soon so it might not matter.

any advice should i take a look at other monitors I have just been really interested by the lightbloom hack.

I'm pretty sure you could still get over 100FPS in older games or if you turn down the settings a bit, I would say the monitor is worth the investment, just maybe also start thinking about a GPU upgrade.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

well placed the order with NCIX price matched it $269.79 got the dead pixel insurance and all that. thoes little things like insurance and recycling fees add up quickly. + tax

Shipping and Handling $16.33 Shipping Insurance (1.5%): $4.38 Electronics Recycling Fee : $9.00