Steam games crashing upon launch

Yesterday i wanted to play some left for dead 2 with a friend but upon launch it immediately says the .exe has stopped working. This wasn't the first time it happened either, earlier in the week i wanted to play some PAYDAY 2 and the same thing happened, the .exe stopped working. Its been a long time since I've played either of these so it could potentially be a large number of things. I upgraded to windows 10 within that time but i don't see why that would cause issues when all other games are fine. I've verified integrity of game cache, deleted and reinstalled both games, ran steam.exe as administrator, and tried to run the games .exe's directly and so far Ive come up empty handed. If anyone could shed some light on this id really appreciate it, thanks!

post-199714-0-57408800-1449804276_thumb.

post-199714-0-33244600-1449804282_thumb.

Reinstall Steam. Probably a download error. 

Edit: if that doesn't work, contact steam support. they will probably fix the problem because after all they want your $$$.

Edited by LionWaffles

*mildly autistic*

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K @ 4.2 GHz | Motherboard: x99 RampageRAM: 16GB DDR4 GPU: Nvidia 980 Ti SSD: Looking for one |

you should try verifying local game cache integrity. it may be that you have something that is corrupt. while your at it check out your hdd and make sure its not damaged and requires replacement, a good program is HDsentinal as it checks your SMART status and gives you the health status of your drives.

Please Quote so i know you have replied. | If we have provided a solution to your problem mark it with answer found.

And also please read the COC and avoid the embarrassment and lecture that will ensue.

you should try verifying local game cache integrity. it may be that you have something that is corrupt. while your at it check out your hdd and make sure its not damaged and requires replacement, a good program is HDsentinal as it checks your SMART status and gives you the health status of your drives.

I have tried steams built in take on this but if a fresh install doesnt help ill give that program a try, thanks.

Reinstall Steam. Probably a download error. 

Edit: if that doesn't work, contact steam support. they will probably fix the problem because after all they want your $$$.

No dice unfortunately, back to the drawing board... :(