Windows 7 Re-install problems

Nerion

Ok, so I just finished building my PC. I initially installed Windows 7 in my PC and noticed it was the 32bit version. I started downloading all of the drivers and noticed my RAM was only running 4 gigs, so I tried to install windows 7 64 bit. I installed it, but then I had a problem with the internet connection. I have a PCI wifi card and it's not being recognized when in the previous windows installation it automatically detected the card. I then tried to connect my PC to the modem and it still doesn't get internet. I read some articles a lot of them said that is was a windows driver problem. I then tried to install another version of windows and every time I try to boot windows it gives me the black screen with the white cursor and nothing happens. 

I was wondering if I could fix my problem with the internet by transferring the necessary drivers to the pc. Or if I could get help in avoiding the black screen with the cursor.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

System Specs: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JGgX4D

I have a feeling you are installing it wrong...

Where do you get the setup from?

I should start again. Boot into the windows installation after a while clicking next you see install or advanced click advanced and remove every partition you see there.

I have a feeling you are installing it wrong...

Where do you get the setup from?

I should start again. Boot into the windows installation after a while clicking next you see install or advanced click advanced and remove every partition you see there.

So where in Windows do I do this ?

1. Where did you get the windows setup?

2. Does Windows boot correctly or is it acting weird?

1. Where did you get the windows setup?

2. Does Windows boot correctly or is it acting weird?

I got the Windows ISO file from the internet, its a free version.

Windows 7 boots perfectly no problems, the only thing bad is the internet issue.

The issue is definitely the drivers. When installing drives I would not rely on any drivers installing properly, expect to have to find some yourself. What you want to do is look for drivers for the network cards. Look for both the wifi cards drivers and us the motherboard model to find it's onboard Lan Drivers. Perhaps reply her with that info and mabey we can help you find them.

Also, about the ethernet drivers, if this is a prebuilt PC that has a specific model number, that may help too.

EDIT: :Looks like I didn't read others posts closely, or yours for that matter, shame on me. Others have posted links to the drivers you need.

Ok, so I just finished building my PC. I initially installed Windows 7 in my PC and noticed it was the 32bit version. I started downloading all of the drivers and noticed my RAM was only running 4 gigs, so I tried to install windows 7 64 bit. I installed it, but then I had a problem with the internet connection. I have a PCI wifi card and it's not being recognized when in the previous windows installation it automatically detected the card. I then tried to connect my PC to the modem and it still doesn't get internet. I read some articles a lot of them said that is was a windows driver problem. I then tried to install another version of windows and every time I try to boot windows it gives me the black screen with the white cursor and nothing happens. 

I was wondering if I could fix my problem with the internet by transferring the necessary drivers to the pc. Or if I could get help in avoiding the black screen with the cursor.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

System Specs: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/JGgX4D

What mobo? My suggestion is to visit the website of the manufacture from a different computer or smart phone, download the 64bit lan driver to a usb key or just straight to your phone and then move them onto the pc and install them. This is of course assuming your usb drivers worked properly.

Also, how did you go about re-installing the 64bit version of windows? Did you do a complete format and reinstall? If you just reinstalled over the previous OS without any kind of format that could definitely cause issues in my experiences.

So how do I do what you told me about the partitions ?

Forget that partition stuff I mentioned that to completely reinstall windows but try to installatie the drivers from the link I gave you