HyperX Cloud Pro Gaming vs Cloud II

crabbos
Go to solution Solved by sobe,

1) Yes

2) No

Save $30, get the HyperX Cloud or HyperX Cloud Core. Unless there is a reason where you NEED to use USB (such as audio jacks not working), then just save the money.

So I recently upgraded to Skylake and bought a Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7  motherboard which has Quad-Core Creative Sound Core3D Audio Processor Plus Advanced Creative SBX PROSTUDIO Audio Suite. My SteelSeries V2 sounds much better than before using this but the microphone is broken so I'm looking for a replacement.

I've decided on the Kingston HyperX Cloud but am unsure whether to go with the original or the Cloud II, so I have a couple of questions.

1) If I use the Cloud II will that totally bypass my onboard sound due to its USB connection?

2) Would the built-in surround sound (emulated) on the Cloud II be better than what I would get using the SBX PROSTUDIO Audio Suite?

It would seem a shame if I were to not use the motherboards sound solution since that was one of the determining factors that made me choose it. Which headset should I get?

1) Yes

2) No

Save $30, get the HyperX Cloud or HyperX Cloud Core. Unless there is a reason where you NEED to use USB (such as audio jacks not working), then just save the money.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

1) Yes

2) No

+1

The Cloud II is overpriced, comes with a shitty USB dongle, and no 4-pole to 2x3-pole splitter.

Get the cloud I or Cloud Core.