Console Generation

EmmaMay

I was just wondering, what (or who) decides when the next console generation is here, for example when the Nintendo NX is launched (possibly next year?) will it be apart of the current generation or will it be the start of the 9th generation thrus giving Nintendo the edge to say "the only player in the new generation"

I was just wondering, what (or who) decides when the next console generation is here, for example when the Nintendo NX is launched (possibly next year?) will it be apart of the current generation or will it be the start of the 9th generation thrus giving Nintendo the edge to say "the only player in the new generation"

There is no such thing, "next generation" just means the next evolution

So the PS5 will be "next gen" and the PS4 is "current gen"

For the New Nintendo, it will be next gen, and then after launch it will become the current gen

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Honestly i dont consider Nintendo to be a "Next Gen console.' but thats my personal opinion.

More accurately, i would say that each console maker can claim next gen to their own line but its more based on hardware on overall "next gen" status. Again i dont think the stuff that nintendo comes out with is technically a next gen console but then again i am a wii hater.. LOL

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

If a console or whatever is released, then it is no longer "next" generation, as it has become the new "current" generation.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Consoles are dying bruh.

RIP Consoles.

No they're not. Quite the opposite. 

If anything, look at personal computer sales. They've been plummeting for a while. 

Consoles are dying bruh.

RIP Consoles.

Yeah what watts300 said

The PS4 is the fastest selling console in history and the Xbox One is the fastest selling MS console. The only company thats doing poorly this gen is nintendo.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Yeah what watts300 said

The PS4 is the fastest selling console in history and the Xbox One is the fastest selling MS console. The only company thats doing poorly this gen is nintendo.

Which I find do funny but I understand, there are few 3rd party AAA games.

Honesty as a console I find the wii U the better of the 3 mainly because they do the charge for multiplayer.

I'm curious to Se what NX will be like.

Which I find do funny but I understand, there are few 3rd party AAA games.

Honesty as a console I find the wii U the better of the 3 mainly because they do the charge for multiplayer.

I'm curious to Se what NX will be like.

Yeah I was a little disappointed with Sony but when people are happy to pay Microsoft for 6 years how are they supposed to look at it. At least PS+ has done decent value ads like rocket league, that alone covered 1/4th the cost

I'm not a Nintendo fan so the only game that platform brings me is bayonetta 2. I much prefer blood Borne

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R