What's Better?

SkyMaster
Go to solution Solved by dragoon20005,

hmm kinda hard to pick

the 380X is a full Tonga GPU

although the memory bandwidth on the 380X is lower at 256bit

i can OC it to be faster than the 280X even if the latter has 384bit memory

lets not forget the GPU on the 380X has more headroom to OC due to better cooling

What's better a Gigabyte Radeon 7970 or an Sapphire Radeon R9 380X because I got a good deal on a Radeon 7970 for less than half the price of the R9 380X :D  

You may as well just go for the 7970.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

It depends on what it will be used for and the resolution of your monitor and other stuff. 

My Work in Progress PC http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/522048-xeon-build/ <-- That PC was built but never booted:(

My Work in Progress PC 2.0 https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/540583-xeon-build-20-code-name-xenox (Hopefully this one boots.) 

hmm kinda hard to pick

the 380X is a full Tonga GPU

although the memory bandwidth on the 380X is lower at 256bit

i can OC it to be faster than the 280X even if the latter has 384bit memory

lets not forget the GPU on the 380X has more headroom to OC due to better cooling

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Less than half price? Grab that 7970 instead and wait for next gen in half a year or less.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |