Unusual Screen Tearing

zander1256

Hello, lately I have been experiencing screen tearing in Minecraft even though I have capped the FPS at 60. It doesn't matter if I am using Optifine, Shaders, or a Texture Pack, it still happens no matter what. I have already tried restarting my computer and reinstalling Minecraft but neither worked so I have resorted to asking for help here. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

Turn on VSync.

If it is already turned on, then go to the Nvidia Control Panel to increase the pre-rendered frames.

Turn on VSync.

If it is already turned on, then go to the Nvidia Control Panel to increase the pre-rendered frames.

I already tried using VSync but it didn't do anything. Also I just remembered that this started happening just after I updated my drivers, do you think that could have anything to do with it?

I already tried using VSync but it didn't do anything. Also I just remembered that this started happening just after I updated my drivers, do you think that could have anything to do with it?

Yea, try to downgrade it if possible.

Many people have experienced problems with drivers, but just not to the degree that you are experiencing right now.

Yea, try to downgrade it if possible.

Many people have experienced problems with drivers, but just not to the degree that you are experiencing right now.

Downgrade? I've already tried running it completely vanilla.

Downgrade? I've already tried running it completely vanilla.

He's talking about your driver. go to the previous version

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R