SSD help.

Sniper Xls

Hey guys I have a few questions and I know how great this community is ! So lets get to it. 

I currently have 2 Hyper x 3k ssds 120gb however I need a bigger boot drive and was going to get a 950 pro m.2 but I run 980 SLI so here is my first question.

Will my M.2 on the z97 platform be capped at 700MB reads? 

2nd question and this is more personal 

With the hyper x ssd would you get a third SSD 120gb and run raid 0 or leave them as three drives? all 120gb  

Or get three 250Gb ssd samsung 850 pros 

m.2 will be boot drive.

I also have 10TB wd black worth of internal storage so no need to worry about mass storage for games. This is more for applications! 

What would you guys do? Thanks for the help! 

I'm cheap and an SSD is plenty fast so I'd put your 2 120 GB SSDs in RAID0 and call it a day, simply for the capacity.  It will boost speed too, but that wouldn't really be my goal.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

I'd do the RAID 0  but if you get a chance to benchmark it before purchasing, you should definitely do it. Like borrow a disk or something. The integrated RAID controllers don't always scale that well. Usually with two disks you get twice the read speed but already with three, it's not trice. It's more like 2,5 times the speed of just one. Just saying, it might not be worth the money.

-SNIP-

I believe you will be ok since the Z97 chipset has 8 PCI-E 2.0 lanes itself where the SLI cards will be using the up the CPU's 16 PCI-E 3.0 in 8x  for each card.