Recommendations for 27" (or bigger) monitor for architecture/design?

whitedragon101

I have a friend who is buying a monitor for architecture/design work.  So far I was thinking :

Dell U2715H

iiyama XB2779QS

Asus PB278QR

I think they want a good performing monitor (100% sRGB delta E<3 would be nice) but I think they want it to look nice too (so the Asus is pretty uninspiring on that front).

They have spotted the huge LG 34UC97C which looks nice.  Not sure if they are ready for how big it is but the fact they are looking at it says to me that a £650 monitor is still in their budget if its nice enough.

Any other suggestions welcome.

Thanks

what resolution do you have in mind?

the higher the resolution, the more compute intensive it will be to render things

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

what resolution do you have in mind?

the higher the resolution, the more compute intensive it will be to render things

I think 1440p is about right.  Lower than that at 27" and its pretty nasty looking.  I think 4K is probably a bit too high res for their machine.

I think 1440p is about right.  Lower than that at 27" and its pretty nasty looking.  I think 4K is probably a bit too high res for their machine.

If you want a really nice one, i'd pick this: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-90lm00u0b01370

its 2560x1440, 144Hz, 1ms, 27".

it's a gaming monitor, but it is very high quality, and should suit your purpose nicely

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

If you want a really nice one, i'd pick this: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-90lm00u0b01370

it's a gaming monitor, but it is very high quality, and should suit your purpose nicely

isn't that a TN panel?

its one of the best TN panels but the colour accuracy will be poor compared with an IPS panel

isn't that a TN panel?

its one of the best TN panels but the colour accuracy will be poor compared with an IPS panel

Thanks for the post but I think an IPS panel is a must.  The great response times of TN will not be useful to them and the reduced viewing angles and loss of colour accuracy would be a detriment (as jcw150 mentioned).

If they're ok with a 27 inch I'm sure they would be ok with a 34 inch ultrawide.