Freesync Monitor with Nvidia GPU

Haste!

Alright so I'm in the market for a new 144hz monitor and I found this: http://www.rakuten.com/prod/289308585.html?ranMID=36342&ranEAID=lw9MynSeamY&ranSiteID=lw9MynSeamY-zA6owakSuaUDWgWDUlBKow&scid=af_linkshare&adid=18094&siteID=lw9MynSeamY-zA6owakSuaUDWgWDUlBKow

It's a 30-144hz freesync monitor. I don't care if freesync doesn't work as screen tearing doesn't really bother me that much. I just care that it can do 144hz. Will I be able to use the monitor? I have a GTX 970. Thanks.

Yes, you may use the monitor, but Freesync functionality will definitely not work.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Yes, you may use the monitor, but Freesync functionality will definitely not work.

So just to make sure it will be able to run at 144hz? Everything will work but freesync?

Technically it should work and shouldn't have any issues, just make sure the overclocking hertz on that monitor doesn't rely on FreeSync technology because AFAIK some monitors does I remember Linus mentioning something about it in one of his recent videos, probably that 34" Acer Ultrawide FreeSync panel? Not sure.

Such a shame that NVIDIA isn't playing ball with FreeSync, it'd be awesome to have one that'd work just as good as G-Sync because there's no way I'm ditching G-Sync ever until something better comes out.

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K /Cooler: Custom Loop /Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula /Memory: G.Skill Trident Z 64GB (3000 MHz) /GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme
Storage: 2x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD + 120GB Kingston v300 SSD + 4TB WD Black + 3x 2TB WD Red + 500GB Seagate Barracuda /Chassis: Corsair 900D /OS: Win 10 x64
All powered by Corsair AX1200i

Technically it should work and shouldn't have any issues, just make sure the overclocking hertz on that monitor doesn't rely on FreeSync technology because AFAIK some monitors does I remember Linus mentioning something about it in one of his recent videos, probably that 34" Acer Ultrawide FreeSync panel? Not sure.

Such a shame that NVIDIA isn't playing ball with FreeSync, it'd be awesome to have one that'd work just as good as G-Sync because there's no way I'm ditching G-Sync ever until something better comes out.

Since Freesync is proprietary NV can't play ball. If NV did something similar though based directly off of Adaptive Sync, it would be another story and I think they should for that matter. I enjoy G-Sync, but there needs to be something based off the open standard like AMD did.

MSI Z97M Gaming | i7-4790k | NZXT Kraken X61 | 16GB Kingston Savage DDR3 2400
EVGA GTX1080 Ti FTW3 | EVGA G2 750 | Phanteks Enthoo Evolv | 1TB 850 Evo | 2TB 860 Evo | 22TB DS918+

Scarlett 2i2 | WooAudio WA7 Fireflies | Fostex TR-X00 | Beyer DT990 | MrSpeaker Alpha Dog | V-Moda M-100 | JBL LSR305 MK2

Since Freesync is proprietary NV can't play ball. If NV did something similar though based directly off of Adaptive Sync, it would be another story and I think they should for that matter. I enjoy G-Sync, but there needs to be something based off the open standard like AMD did.

I thought it was Intel's technology and NVIDIA actually made claims that they'll provide support for it and what not? I know saying something like "will provide support" is pretty vague as it could be .. "Yeah, you can run FreeSync monitors on NVIDIA Cards. We'll allow that cause we're not that level of douchebags, yet." but I really thought and rather hoped they would provide support for it.

Really wanted to get Acer 34" Ultrawide FreeSync panel so I could use it if I ever go back to AMD again but because of that I'll be buying the G-Sync variant.

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K /Cooler: Custom Loop /Motherboard: ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Formula /Memory: G.Skill Trident Z 64GB (3000 MHz) /GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme
Storage: 2x 500GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD + 120GB Kingston v300 SSD + 4TB WD Black + 3x 2TB WD Red + 500GB Seagate Barracuda /Chassis: Corsair 900D /OS: Win 10 x64
All powered by Corsair AX1200i