Camera in use

ZzachBbrown
Go to solution Solved by Matt420740,

I've already checked for maleware, I forgot to mentioned that. 

In Malwarebytes, choose the scan tab at the top, then custom scan, then in the part where you can pick specific locations to scan, expand the C: drive, then check the box for the "Users" folder.  Then expand program files and check the boxes for your browser installations.  Run the scan again and see if you find anything.

For awhile now, when I go to use my camera on my Logitech HD C525 webcam I am prompted with an error stating that my webcam is in use by another program. I've searched for time and time again via Task Manager for whatever may be keeping my camera running in the background. I've updated my motherboard drivers and updated whatever Logitech had on their site. My temporary solution for this is to simply unplug and plug back it back into the USB port it was occupying.  I've scanned with for malware. I have a daily Malewarebytes scan.

Can you lovely people use your collective genius to help me crack this case?

Thanks, guys!

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/zzachbbrown/saved/#view=XHxmP6

um...do you have a virus that is using your webcam without you knowing??

scan with malwarebytes and avg/avast

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

In Malwarebytes, choose the scan tab at the top, then custom scan, then in the part where you can pick specific locations to scan, expand the C: drive, then check the box for the "Users" folder.  Then expand program files and check the boxes for your browser installations.  Run the scan again and see if you find anything.

You're a wizard! Thank you so much. I am truly grateful. 

Do the normal maintenance scans skip over these areas of the drives?

Do the normal maintenance scans skip over these areas of the drives?

Unfortunately yes.  Doing a full scan will get them, but it takes forever.