Help me troubleshooting my internet connection please

hello,when i use speedtest 10 minutes after not using internet i get ok speeds http://prntscr.com/9af29m

but after doing something(like when i turn on online game or try watching some youtube video my connection slow down BIG TIME
http://prntscr.com/9af2yp

please help me troubleshoot,i tried restarting my modem but it only lasts until i put load on it again

thank you and hope we find solution

If you're trying to run a speedtest at the same time you're doing other task (like watching Youtube), oh yeah you'll see slower speeds. That's not a network problem, it's just capacity being used by the other tasks. Now if you're seeing slower speedtest even after you stop your other tasks, that could be an actual issue.

If it's that second case, it sounds like either faulty network equipment on your end (old modem?) or ISP throttling.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

The reason the speed is going down is due to the fact you are using some of the bandwith to stream that youtube video.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

hello,when i use speedtest 10 minutes after not using internet i get ok speeds http://prntscr.com/9af29m

but after doing something(like when i turn on online game or try watching some youtube video my connection slow down BIG TIME

http://prntscr.com/9af2yp

please help me troubleshoot,i tried restarting my modem but it only lasts until i put load on it again

thank you and hope we find solution

Could be that you got a data cap from your ISP (internet service provider) they normally cap it down once you reach like 100GB or 200 depends on your deal you got. If you got unlimited then here is a bit wrong to ask something that your IPS should help you with. Just make sure you got good signal and try cable if you are on wireless.

Do this happen all times or just this time? (Is this the first time?)

Probably not this but your router could be throttling if it's old and gets really warm

┏(◑̃.◑̃)┛ Totally Not Dangerous ┏(◐̃.◐̃)┛

i7 4790K / 16GB RAM \ 250GB SSD

i have no data cap( i have flat internet) but i ran yt just as example,it mostly happens while im gaming( today my download reached 0.5 mbps while i was playing lol and  i was lagging a lot and as soon as i stopped playing and let it settle it went back to full speed

and it was ok up to about 2 days ago and feel free to ask for any details  i dont really know what to tell withouth your guidlines

i have no data cap( i have flat internet) but i ran yt just as example,it mostly happens while im gaming( today my download reached 0.5 mbps while i was playing lol and  i was lagging a lot and as soon as i stopped playing and let it settle it went back to full speed

That's normal actually. LoL is using the internet, so you'd expect other applications to slow down if you're already maxing out the internet connection you have. Especially at that <10Mb/s connection you have, not everything can be up to full speed at all times.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

But it was perfect until 2-3 days ago

thats when my speeds started getting mesed up
3 days ago me and my brother were playing together on same internet, and watcing yt video 1080p and video didnt buffer,game was running great

Edited by MrPanda2103

But it was perfect until 2-3 days ago

thats when my speeds started getting mesed up

3 days ago me and my brother were playing together on same internet, and watcing yt video 1080p and video didnt buffer,game was running great

You could try putting in a support ticket with your ISP. At the very least, after they reset everything on their side, you can pretty much eliminate your ISP as the issue.

Ok,i will do that later today,but could there be problem with my modem(i cant feel any airflow coming from my modem but i diont know should there be my modem/router is TD-w8961nd)i cant eaven watch video 480 withouth buffering 3-4 times now