EVGA SLI Pro Bridge - Paint + LED Mod

iiNNeX

Hi guys, thought I'd share with you my first mod (and the start of many). I am by no means a pro case modder/painter so this is literally from watching a youtube video.

Colour coding my SLI bridge to my theme (gunmetal/red/black). I used the method Jayz2Centz showed in one of his videos about Skunkworks to take apart the bridge and change the LED colour, and used Linus' method of painting the plastic (basically proper prep and light thin coats of paint).

Hope you like it.

This is what a standard one looks like:

0seIidT.jpg

So first I took it apart and placed a transparent red piece of flash film between the LED plate and EVGA text. I actually ended up using 3 of these pieces stacked on top of each other for better colour:

fy2hEV1.jpg

After that I took the metal silver housing, which is made out of aluminium and has a nice matte finish, and literally just cleaned it up with some 99% alcohol and went about spraying it in Gunmetal Grey:

BX7vSvd.jpg

I managed to get 2 thin coats on each side, and didn't use any clear lacquer as I wanted a matte finish. The paint dried really fast (about 10 mins or so) and here was the end result:

s5BcDgj.jpg

And here it is in use:

tI4Sy8h.jpg

I am actually pretty happy as to how that turned out and how easy it was to be honest, never having done any painting before. The grey seems to match the Asus Hero's colour scheme very well and the red is almost identical in colour strenght to the ROG logo on the motherboard. 

Next on the list is getting the new EVGA Hybrid shrouds for my GPUs which look like this:

1000x1000px-LL-03a0ff27_1442565183355.jp

They do have a white LED at the top illuminating GTX HYBRID text. I will be painting both shrouds in matte black and adding my own custom printed text to further make my build more unique and stand out.

That's all for now.

- iiNNeX

7800x3d - RTX 4090 FE - 64GB-6000C30 - 2x2TB 990 Pro - 4K 144HZ

PCPP: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mdRcqR

Cool that looks like it is nicely done. I like the red on the lighting better than EVGA´s standard color.

I personally use the original nVidia SLI bridge right now, but I´m lucky enough that it fits in my build without modding hehe.

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

Cool that looks like it is nicely done. I like the red on the lighting better than EVGA´s standard color.

I personally use the original nVidia SLI bridge right now, but I´m lucky enough that it fits in my build without modding hehe.

Yeah man the original evga colour is fine for most people's builds as they have some sort of silver or white in there, but my build is mostly dark themed so it really didn't fit in there.

I was considering buying the Asus ROG bridge, but for one it costs an absolute premium for no reason, and two while it does go perfectly with my theme, it doesn't feel right on EVGA cards.

I take it your theme is to do with silver and green? :P

Yeah man the original evga colour is fine for most people's builds as they have some sort of silver or white in there, but my build is mostly dark themed so it really didn't fit in there.

I was considering buying the Asus ROG bridge, but for one it costs an absolute premium for no reason, and two while it does go perfectly with my theme, it doesn't feel right on EVGA cards.

I take it your theme is to do with silver and green? :P

I like giving the hardware a personal customized touch.

Oh no my build is yellow and black but my die is an EKWB die and has a nice greenish touch that´s why I thought I´d keep as is, but my PC is about to be disassembled soon due to the fact that the 900d is getting on my nerves. I´m on the hunt for a new case right now.

Here´s a pic of my build.

IMG_3242_zpslncbk8i3.jpg

Intel i7 7820X (delidded) @ 4.9GHz - MSI X299 M7 ACK + EKWB Fullcover Block - G.Skill Trident Z 32GB @ 3466MHz - nVidia Titan Xp + EKWB Fullcover Block @ 2.1GHz - Samsung 960Pro 2x - WDD Blue 2TB - Seasonic 750W Platinum - modded Corsair 600C - Hardtubed Custom Watercooling

I like giving the hardware a personal customized touch.

Oh no my build is yellow and black but my die is an EKWB die and has a nice greenish touch that´s why I thought I´d keep as is, but my PC is about to be disassembled soon due to the fact that the 900d is getting on my nerves. I´m on the hunt for a new case right now.

Here´s a pic of my build.

IMG_3242_zpslncbk8i3.jpg

Looks gorgeous man, perhaps paint the silver bit on the bridge gold to match as well? 

Looks gorgeous man, perhaps paint the silver bit on the bridge gold to match as well? 

Yes you are right, actually when I make up my mind finally on what case I will settle down, I´ll have the bridge also reworked. I though about painting the silver cover (it is removable) either black or gold.

IMG_3242_zpslncbk8i3.jpg

Love the res set up

<p>CPU: Intel i7 4790k(4.9GHz), Motherboard: ASUS sabertooth Z97 Mark 1 RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 4GB Superclocked ACX 2.0 (2 way SLI) PSU: EVGA 850w G2 Storage: Intel 730 Series 240GB 2.5" SSD, Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB Case: NZXT H440 Designed by Razer, EK,Alphacool,Bitspower custom loop.

“Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.”

Albert Einstein 14 December 1930

Yes you are right, actually when I make up my mind finally on what case I will settle down, I´ll have the bridge also reworked. I though about painting the silver cover (it is removable) either black or gold.

When Pascal comes out and I upgrade my GPUs, I will be going custom loop as well, you don't mind helping me out with some things do you ? :D Having never done one before I'd like to ask quite a few questions before I start. I've watched a lot of videos on it but would rather get advice from people who have it right in front of them.