Can this build be improved?

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($517.00 @ Centre Com) 
Motherboard: Asus H170-PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($172.00 @ Centre Com) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($159.00 @ Centre Com) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked ACX 2.0+ Video Card  ($1079.00 @ PCCaseGear) 
Optical Drive: LG GH24NSB0 DVD/CD Writer  ($18.00 @ IJK) 
Total: $2469.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-04 17:29 AEDT+1100

INFORMATION:

Budget: ~$2500 AUD

Aim for system: Gaming, extended use, light recording/youtubing, and schoolwork, multiple monitors.

Monitors: I am already using two with my current build.

Resolution: 1920x1080p nothing more BUT want it to be a bit future proofed "capable of running 3,840x2,160"

Peripherals: Already have all of my needed peripherals :)

Water cooling or air:

AIR COOLING ONLY PLEASE!!

Case preference: I like good looking white/black themed cases, willing to pay loads for the case as its very important part of the computer. I don't have a carpet on my desk as well.

Reason for upgrade:
This pc needs a big dumping... I want to play games like GTA and Battlefield at high-Ultra video settings and I can't because my pc struggles with even minecraft at some stages...

Thanks for the help and suggestions :)

EDIT: I made some changes to the build, I made it a bit cheaper and with a gtx 980 Ti

Spoiler

CPU: i7-6700K 4.7GHz GPU: GTX 980 STRIX 1337MHz CPU Cooler: H110i GTX AIO |

Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR | Case: NZXT H440 White PSU: CS750W |

PCPartPicker Link: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/43BkVn 

My personal opinion, I wouldn't go with a plastic case, I would go for something with metal for durability 

Case preference: I like good looking white/black themed cases, willing to pay loads for the case as its very important part of the computer. I don't have a carpet on my desk as well.

I love the Corsair 760T. Its beautifull, big and good Quality with 1A Cablemanagement and space for many Fans., which Result in perfect Airflow.

http://imgur.com/a/s4J1E

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

Hi,

Do you plan to overclock your CPU? Because this Motherboard is not made for Overclocking as far as I know. So either you go with another Motherboard or you could buy a non-K processor and save some money if you're not planning to overclock.

Overclockable:

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/MnDYkL

Non-Overclock:

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/dFjTQ7

CPU: i5 6600K | Cooling: Corsair H100i GTX | Motherboard: Asus Z170-A | RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming (6GB) | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO Basic (1TB) | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 (1000W) | Display(s): 27'' Asus PG279Q | Keyboard: Steelseries Apex M800 | Mouse: Steelseries Rival | Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | OS: Windows 10 | PC Part Picker URL: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/WwL7zy

-snip-

6700k but a H170 board???

Your parts are picked quite well.  You are really over spending on that 980Ti, but that is up to you.

Comparative build, focusing a bit more on the presentation/white theme:

/

CPU:   ($517.00 @ Centre Com)
CPU Cooler:   ($69.00 @ PCCaseGear)
Motherboard:   ($245.00 @ Centre Com)
Memory:   ($149.00 @ CPL Online)
Storage:   ($131.00 @ IJK)
Video Card:   ($1069.00 @ CPL Online)
Case:   ($199.00 @ CPL Online)
Power Supply:   ($119.00 @ Umart)
Total: $2498.00
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-04 18:02 AEDT+1100

Yes I dropped the optical drive in favor of a better looking case... that also has better airflow.

It looks like a good build. Only thing I'd change though is if you're gonna be spending the cash for a 6700k get a better cooler than the 212. Something like this maybe, if you're going for looks and performance. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rrv8vc16prr1 some might list the dark rock pro 3, which is good, but it's a complete bitch to install. I had to unscrew and take off the heatsinks on my friends motherboard to reach some of those screws on it.

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠛⠻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣦⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣤⣄⡀⠀⢻⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠸⣿⣿⣿⠃⢰⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡆⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢶⣶⣶⣾⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣧⠀⢠⡀⠐⠀⠀⠀⠻⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⡄⢸⣷⡄⠀⠣⣄⡀⠀⠉⠛⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣇⠀⣿⣿⣦⠀⠹⣿⣷⣶⣦⣼⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣼⣿⣿⣿⣷⣄⣸⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⢿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⡿⢛⡙⢻⠛⣉⢻⣉⢈⣹⣿⣿⠟⣉⢻⡏⢛⠙⣉⢻⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣇⠻⠃⣾⠸⠟⣸⣿⠈⣿⣿⣿⡀⠴⠞⡇⣾⡄⣿⠘⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣟⠛⣃⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣷⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿⣿

Honestly, I got a define R5 and my only problems with it are that I didn't get a window and forgot to get the blackout instead of just black. It's a great case and so far seems about as sturdy as need by unless you plan on regularly kicking your computer. In which case I would suggest a solid steel brick with just enough room for a computer inside. Then of course like everyone else said switch out the mobo or processor.

Hi,

Do you plan to overclock your CPU? Because this Motherboard is not made for Overclocking as far as I know. So either you go with another Motherboard or you could buy a non-K processor and save some money if you're not planning to overclock.

Overclockable:

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/MnDYkL

Non-Overclock:

http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/dFjTQ7

WOW really?! thanks ok I gues ill just have to save up a bit more thats alright

Spoiler

Your parts are picked quite well.  You are really over spending on that 980Ti, but that is up to you.

Comparative build, focusing a bit more on the presentation/white theme:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($517.00 @ Centre Com)

CPU Cooler: CRYORIG H5 Universal 65.0 CFM CPU Cooler  ($69.00 @ PCCaseGear)

Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($245.00 @ Centre Com)

Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($149.00 @ CPL Online)

Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($131.00 @ IJK)

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Video Card  ($1069.00 @ CPL Online)

Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($199.00 @ CPL Online)

Power Supply: Antec High Current Gamer 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($119.00 @ Umart)

Total: $2498.00

Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-12-04 18:02 AEDT+1100

Yes I dropped the optical drive in favor of a better looking case... that also has better airflow.

Wow, thanks for taking the time replying, and I love your build mate! it's awesome and I can't figure out how you got it to so cheap! :) thanks, will consider this in my final list.

Spoiler

It looks like a good build. Only thing I'd change though is if you're gonna be spending the cash for a 6700k get a better cooler than the 212. Something like this maybe, if you're going for looks and performance. http://au.pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rrv8vc16prr1 some might list the dark rock pro 3, which is good, but it's a complete bitch to install. I had to unscrew and take off the heatsinks on my friends motherboard to reach some of those screws on it.

Holy shit mate, that looks freaking intense! Are you sure this will fit in either a NZXT Noctis or Define r5? Also will the hyper let me reach 4.6 ghz OC without reducing my CPU's life and without having to increase the voltage?

Spoiler

Wow, thanks for taking the time replying, and I love your build mate! it's awesome and I can't figure out how you got it to so cheap! :) thanks, will consider this in my final list.

You are welcome... but why are you going with a top end GPU?  That is a freakin' expensive component and is absolutely not required to play games at high/max settings.  Don't get me wrong, I would love a 980Ti, but could not bring myself to spend that much.

The CM V8 is not the best cooler in it's price range, but it does look really cool.  ;)

You are welcome... but why are you going with a top end GPU? That is a freakin' expensive component and is absolutely not required to play games at high/max settings. Don't get me wrong, I would love a 980Ti, but could not bring myself to spend that much.

The CM V8 is not the best cooler in it's price range, but it does look really cool. ;)

A980ti is definitely required to max games completely out and have nice fps. Ask me, GTA V @2550x1080 with every single slider besides frame scaling cranked 100%

A980ti is definitely required to max games completely out and have nice fps. Ask me, GTA V @2550x1080 with every single slider besides frame scaling cranked 100%

Uhmm, what does playing any game at absolutely maximum settings get you?

I play any game using a freaking $220 (CDN) R9 280 and I have a blast.  Sure I spend 5-10 minutes adjusting the settings so I hit a steady 60FPS, but the games look gorgeous anyways... I don't need high-res shadows or 8x AA.

Holy shit mate, that looks freaking intense! Are you sure this will fit in either a NZXT Noctis or Define r5? Also will the hyper let me reach 4.6 ghz OC without reducing my CPU's life and without having to increase the voltage?

I can't speak for the NZXT case, but for Fractal Designs cases, such as the Define R5 and also Arc XL (my friend has the define, i have the arc) they are really wide and can fit any cooling setup. Not sure about the 4.6 ghz, since i never tried it, but it should handle 4.0ghz easily

Um... no. maybe if you're gaming at a higher monitor resolution. I have a gtx 980 and I can play most games in Ultra or very high settings @ 60fps. As for playing in higher resolutions such as 4k, I don't have experience with that, but you can still game at high-very high (depending on game) with a regular 980.

(*edit. I game at 1080p and can max things out almost all the time. but like i said about the 4k part,)

I can't speak for the NZXT case, but for Fractal Designs cases, such as the Define R5 and also Arc XL (my friend has the define, i have the arc) they are really wide and can fit any cooling setup. Not sure about the 4.6 ghz, since i never tried it, but it should handle 4.0ghz easily

The cpu's normal base clock is 4 ghz...

Spoiler

The cpu's normal base clock is 4 ghz...

I was thinking of another thread where a guy was discussing a 5820k.

it should be able to do 4.7ghz for 6700k

I was thinking of another thread where a guy was discussing a 5820k.

it should be able to do 4.7ghz for 6700k

That's pretty much perfect, I think Ill go for the Define with a window and your cooler, Ill edit it in later :)

Spoiler

My personal opinion, I wouldn't go with a plastic case, I would go for something with metal for durability 

Have you ever had any previous problems with cases flopping around? I am very cautious of my pc but I am scared of it being knocked over my desk! :(

Spoiler

That's pretty much perfect, I think Ill go for the Define with a window and your cooler, Ill edit it in later :)

The Fractal Define cases don't win any awards for airflow.  They are designed to be quiet by using dampening material.  When you buy one with a window you are somewhat defeating the purpose of a Define case.

Try the Phanteks Enthoo Pro in white.

Have you ever had any previous problems with cases flopping around? I am very cautious of my pc but I am scared of it being knocked over my desk! :(

I just went with a case like CaseLabs because of the amazing metal design and structure, there are improvements that I would like to have in the future but it works. I mean you don't have to go with CaseLabs, I would go with a case that has a very nice metal structure though