time to buy a new card

jmcphe01

Is now the time to buy a new card with AMDS new never settle deal where you can pick three games from now until the end of the year. btw I have a 550ti in my machine right now.

Yeah I keep hearing the date for that is sept. 25 I was going to wait until nov. anyway when the games I want are out.

Yeah I keep hearing the date for that is sept. 25 I was going to wait until nov. anyway when the games I want are out.

Yeah, mate. No need to upgrade. You always gotta test a new graphics card on new games ;) Just hold out until then.

"And yet my mind is screaming, provoked in an icy sweat. It’s pleading and begging for a release, scraping the walls of a padded cell, pounding hopelessly at the floors that won’t even deliver the gift of pain."  - Why I Don't Dream Anymore

well if I was to do it today the 7970 would be in my price range.

well if I was to do it today the 7970 would be in my price range.

Then get one, they are on great discounts now and won't go any cheaper, also the new 9950 will be $400+ which is more expensive and if you wait then a thing might happen that these 7000 series cards will stop being manufactured and get sold out. That would surely be after October 25th tough. Anyway, there is no point in waiting for you, unless you want to spend more than $400.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird