HELP! Need help finding the right power supply

Go to solution Solved by STRMfrmXMN,

I've found a cheap, used power supply, that i might be buying, if its good enough. It's an older corsair tx 750w.

I might be doing some light overclocking of the cpu only, so was wondering if this psu is gonna get the job done, or i have to figure out something else.

Yeah, that'll work.

Hello guys!

I am building a new old system, and need some recommendations for picking the right power supply.

The system I'm building is listed below:

i5-3570k processor with some random cooling

Z77A-GD45 motherboard

3x 4Gb corsair cl9 ddr3 ram

240gb intel 520 ssd

2x nvidia gtx 760 sli

and also a random Wlan card

+random case with probably 4 fans

I've been looking around and found this site http://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator 

When i type the specs in, it says i need around 550-600W, but when i look at nvidias website they recommend 500w psu for a single gtx 760.

I've been thinking about getting a 750w psu, but would like to hear some more input from you guys :)

a good 650 should do the job, you can get a 750-850 to be sure if you want to push the cards/cpu.

EVGA  GS/G2/B2/GQ, seasonic/superflower/xfx/antec, are good for the price

The site has changed....

Hello guys!

I am building a new old system, and need some recommendations for picking the right power supply.

The system I'm building is listed below:

i5-3570k processor with some random cooling

Z77A-GD45 motherboard

3x 4Gb corsair cl9 ddr3 ram

240gb intel 520 ssd

2x nvidia gtx 760 sli

and also a random Wlan card

+random case with probably 4 fans

I've been looking around and found this site http://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator 

When i type the specs in, it says i need around 550-600W, but when i look at nvidias website they recommend 500w psu for a single gtx 760.

I've been thinking about getting a 750w psu, but would like to hear some more input from you guys :)

650W would be enough to power 3 980s assuming you don't overclock so there's that for ya.

EVGA GQ/G2/GS ar my recommendations.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

I've found a cheap, used power supply, that i might be buying, if its good enough. It's an older corsair tx 750w.

I might be doing some light overclocking of the cpu only, so was wondering if this psu is gonna get the job done, or i have to figure out something else.

a good 650 should do the job, you can get a 750-850 to be sure if you want to push the cards/cpu.

EVGA  GS/G2/B2/GQ, seasonic/superflower/xfx/antec, are good for the price

650W would be enough to power 3 980s assuming you don't overclock so there's that for ya.

EVGA GQ/G2/GS ar my recommendations.

Yeah, that'll work.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||