Case Fans Ramp Up Like Crazy!

liam.bastida

Hello all,

Love, love, love the YouTube channel, and after some time of lurking like a creep, I am finally posting my first post! Unfortunately it's because I need some of your expert help. I'm not sure why it happens but my case fans ramp up out of nowhere while idling and during general internet browsing. I really don't know where to start and am a bit intimidated messing with settings in the BIOS (even though I put this rig together to get into overclocking...). I'll admit I did a lazy search but didn't find much.

Any help or documentation would be helpful, below are my specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

Motherboard: Asus Z97M-PLUS Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-2133 Memory

Boot Drive: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Data Drive: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

GPU: Asus GeForce GTX 980 4GB STRIX Video Card

PSU: Antec 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply

Case: be quiet! Silent Base 600

Check  ur Aisuite/whateversoftwareyouhave and look at the fan curves. Adjust them to what you feel is appropriate, and is a balance between cooling and noise

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

I think your fans are trying to tell you, "TURN DOWN FOR WHAT!?!?" Lol.

It sounds like your fans only have a couple settings. See what kind of fan controller settings you have in your BIOS/UEFI, and also see about using some fan controller software if possible.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

What are you using as a cpu cooler stock? Or something else? @liam.bastida

Forgot to mention that sorry, I am using a Dark Rock 3.

Check  ur Aisuite/whateversoftwareyouhave and look at the fan curves. Adjust them to what you feel is appropriate, and is a balance between cooling and noise

Would you stop sniping my post replies!?!?

Lol, jk. :D

END OF LINE

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Would you stop sniping my post replies!?!?

Lol, jk. :D

#getrekt

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

#getrekt

#gotrekt

END OF LINE