Capcom Trademarks a new Onimusha game

SImoHayha

In nostalgia news :D

Capcom has trademarked the title Onimusha 

However not  much is known on what game it's going to be, if continuing the quadrilogy or a reboot of the franchise. However I would love it for it to be an HD collection or even a reboot like the new Ratchet and Clank game coming out. 

If you didn't know this game was a hack and slash with an interesting story and lore. Its a quadrilogy series. 

The first game Onimusha Warlords; was a about a man and started the series, a man named Samanosuke Akechi who obtains the power of the Oni ( Orge ) and fights against demons and to save a princess he has known since he was a grown man named Princess Yuki, along with his Ninja partner.  The Oni granted him a " Gauntlet " which is a dragon's eye that has the ability to store and drain demon souls which help Oni warriors, the souls are used to enhance their equipment and other goodies.  

The weapons in the Oni series have to do with the elements and the most prominent element is Thunder and Fire. As you upgrade them they deal more damage and grow larger in size. Also the games offered a place called the " Dark Realm " which was like a giant and large breeding ground for demons which contained treasures and usually a key to obtain the most powerful weapon in the games.

Oddly enough there were puzzles, the puzzles varied from easy to hard, mostly slide puzzles ( Moving pieces around until you make circle or a dot or something ) the first game had the easiest of puzzles simply being number puzzles ( Rotating number pieces to the corresponding corner and in order ) .

but mostly the story revolves around killing and trying to destroy a man named Nobunaga Oda who is constantly revived and the Oni warriors must kill him until the end of the third which he is finally absorbed into Samanosuke's Gauntlet. 

The gameplay was very basic and easy to grasp, dodge and attack enemies using normal attacks or using magical attacks with magical weapons or using Issen ( Critical Strike ) where you must press the attack button during a ring of light while guarding or when an enemy is about to attack. Very easy to get used to and you always in the Onimusha series would be able to play as other characters during the game. 

so yea what are you guy's thoughts ? Also any Onimusha fans :D ?

Sources: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-onimusha-trademark-registered-by-capcom/1100-6432687/

http://gematsu.com/2015/12/capcom-trademarks-onimusha-japan

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/01/capcom-registers-onimusha-trademark-in-japan

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/12/01/capcom-trademarks-onimusha/

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

I remember this game was a resident evil with magic swords,  I think it was the first title from Capcom for the PS2 and I remember it run very smoothly, I always thought it was running at 60 FPS, though looking back at how games where running at like 20 fps in the PS1, this might have looked very smooth with just 30.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

msty.gif

I can't wait for this. Been wishing for this for a looooooong time.

Onimusha 3 was such a great game, if they remaster it I'll buy in a heartbeat. Or just make a new, I don't care. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

Hory shiet, i just talked about Onimusha 3 with my friend the other day.

GIF-Dancing-celebrate-celebration-dance-

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Hory shiet, i just talked about Onimusha 3 with my friend the other day.

GIF-Dancing-celebrate-celebration-dance-

lol

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

I can't wait for this. Been wishing for this for a looooooong time.

Onimusha 3 was such a great game, if they remaster it I'll buy in a heartbeat. Or just make a new, I don't care. 

Ikr killing demons everywhere left and right time travel, beating Nobunaga;s ass for the final time. Yesh.

Ikr killing demons everywhere left and right time travel, beating Nobunaga;s ass for the final time. Yesh.

The game was epic. Mind you, I wasn't most impressed by fights, it was the story. I remember it being as one of the best story driven games I ever played, even after, what, 10 years? 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own.