Help with keeping temps cool.

Dimetime35c

Okay so Ive noticed in the summer if I have the ac on my pc runs cooler. Problem is now it's winter and I can't exactly have my apartment at 65f all the time. Is there a way to keep my pc cooler and my apartment warmer or is the nature of air cooling such that the coolest temp you can get is what the outside air is? Would I need to go to watercooling to have a warmer apartment and a cooler pc?

Overclock the CPU and GPU, ramp up the fans.

Or buy quad R9 390X in crossfire and oven up your room.

Wouldn't you keep your apartment cooler in the wintertime? You could just wear a jacket and save tons on heating costs, and keep your computer cool.

General fact in almost all PC cooling things. Your room temp always has effect on cooling performance. In the end, both air and water cooling use your room as air supply for cooling rad/heatsink fins. Colder room air, cooler components. Its up to you what you want more. In theory each degree room temp goes up, component temps go too.

How are your temps in winter time anyway? Without AC. I have feeling that you would be fine just as is.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

General fact in almost all PC cooling things. Your room temp always has effect on cooling performance. In the end, both air and water cooling use your room as air supply for cooling rad/heatsink fins. Colder room air, cooler components. Its up to you what you want more. In theory each degree room temp goes up, component temps go too.

How are your temps in winter time anyway? Without AC. I have feeling that you would be fine just as is.

Under load my gpu a 980ti is creeping close to the 80c throttle limit. I have a AIO on my cpu so it's not bad. Full load at 65c.

Under load my gpu a 980ti is creeping close to the 80c throttle limit. I have a AIO on my cpu so it's not bad. Full load at 65c.

And you can't set ac to lower power at winter time to compensate lower overall temps?

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv