Starting up weight loss

JMJenkins

Well, I have my ticket for America and I need to fit in an aeroplane seat in 8 months time. I don't have a scale that goes to 200kg but I do remember weighing around 185kg last time I checked.

I use to eat 4 sandwiches a day, 8 slices of bread with just butter and jam which wasn't filling at all, on top of that I had up to 8 cups of tea a day with 3 sugars in each one with only 1 cup of water per night but I have changed this (bad) eating habit and for the past few months, I now eat proper meals and if I am peckish and want a snack, I eat a banana or an apple, I don't drink anymore tea and drink up to 10 glasses of water per day. One month I really put my mind to the test and lost a total of 10kg in those 30 days, not sure if it was a smart move but the weight didn't stay off as I didn't continue working out.

I now know the conversion of kj to calories and keep a watchful eye on everything I eat, I use to have something like 3500 calories to 4200 calories daily but now it is about 2500 calories a day and I believe I could go even lower, a major problem of this though is that I sit all day long and setting up my desk to be a standing desk hurts my feet because of the weight of my body, I can stand for about 30-60 minutes though before I cannot do it any longer.

(tl;dr over here)

I am 5'11 or 1.8m~ tall and let's presume (since I don't know yet) I weigh 200kg (440.9lbs),  and seeing as I only have 8 months to lose as much weight as possible, I would like to lose anywhere from 4kg a month to 8kg a month, I have my portion control and eating habits under control so I suspect once I start hitting the gym every 2nd day I should just start dropping the weight. At some point I'd even start walking to the gym as it is only 2.5km's away from home.

Now to ask a question or two, I personally want to look at losing about 8kg a month meaning 2kg a week, is this unsafe or would it be a smart choice to have for the first few months and then slow down to say 4kg a month?

Secondly, I really don't want to be left with excess skin flaps after I lose the weight, would building up muscles prevent the skin flaps as the muscle would take up the space where the fat was?

P.S:

I am visiting a private gym that will spend 3 weeks with me to evaluate my fitness, weigh me and then start working with me to build a schedule of things to do while at home (day after gym) and then at gym to get a good work out, I'll be visiting them every month for 1-2 sessions to weigh me in again and change the schedule for the better. After the 3 weeks, I'll be going to normal gym that has all the equipment and are significantly cheaper.

I'm 6'2 and i'm currently in the middle of going from 120kg to 90kg

4 to 8kg a month is ok for only a diet based program . 

Things that helped me alot ( and are still helping me ) :

-Drinking lots of 0% fat milk . I hate drinking lots of water to stop being hungry .

-Eating grilled chicken until you're not hungry anymore . Remove any surface skin ( really fatty ) . Protein is the name of the game .After a month you'll hate grilled chicken ... that's a downside...

-Having to walk 2-3km a day to university increased my slimming rates by at least 50%

-Motherfucking salad is great ! To help eating tons of it try soy sauce and/or yogurt mixes 

About how fast you slim down , how old are you ?

You look like you've got a pretty good plan with going to get evaluated and all of that. My biggest suggestion would be to still do something on your off days, not anything intense, but a walk that is out of your normal routine would be good because it helps keep you kind of warmed up for the next day. Don't get discouraged on the first days of working out, nearly every muscle in your body will probably hurt, and will still hurt by the time of your next workout, but that pain is temporary and so worth it. As for the skin flaps gaining muscle in place of it will help a pretty good amount, but also remember if you go for muscle building you wont notice near as much weight loss which isn't bad because muscle weighs more than fat, but it may seem discouraging because you'll be seeing less instant results. Good job on making the first step, it's the first two steps that are the hardest after that you'll be on your way to a fully healthy lifestyle and will be losing in no time. 

edit: Take monthly progress photos. You don't have to show them to anyone, but you can if you want but keep them for yourself because when the 8 months are up you can look back and see how much you have changed.

but also remember if you go for muscle building you wont notice near as much weight loss which isn't bad because muscle weighs more than fat, but it may seem discouraging because you'll be seeing less instant results. 

Yea , but having that fitness center test your body fat % will help if you're worried you're not slimming fast enough .

Yea , but having that fitness center test your body fat % will help if you're worried you're not slimming fast enough .

OH true, I didn't even think about that.

Ditch that bread for a start.

Take up a weights program. People think that weights don't burn fat, they're massively incorrect. Not only does a structured weights program burn fat whilst training (search Stronglifts 5x5 for a starter) it also burns calories at rest. Now take into consideration that a pound of muscle burns more calories at rest than a pound of fat then you really are onto a winner.

A weights + CV program is even better if you can find the time and dedication to do it. Try to avoid bouts of CV for over 30 - 40 mins as when on a calorie restricted diet the body will start to burn protein/muscle in conjunction with fat for energy (this won't help avoid the saggy skin). Try to keep CV to 15 - 20 minutes including 5 mins or so warm up, 10 mins of hard interval training and 5 mins warm down.

As for diet, this is the part I find hard lol. I love food and eating, beer is another issue for me. However, basically remember this:

1 gram of carb gives the same calories as a gram of protein

1 gram of fat gives x2 the calories of carb/protein.

Not all carbs are equal. Bread, white based grains/rice cause insulin spikes when you eat them which is great for protein synthesis post the gym, but bad at all other times, aka, you gonna feel tired and then hungry again pretty soon. Try and go low carb and try and aim to absorb all you carbs from complex types, basically anything that is green and not water based, examples:

Broccoli, Kale, Asparagus, Cabbage, Spring Greens, Spinach, sprouts

other sources - carrots, parsnip, other root based aren't ideal, but better than the white crap

Then other carbs, brown variety, aka brown rice, pasta, bread and sweet potato

Try and portion meals to include protein and complex carbs at every meal and always use healthy fats as they help the body break down its own fat, fill you and add flavour.

Healthy fats - Omega (Fish),  Avocado, Olive oil, Nuts (Almonds, walnut, Cashew, pumpkin seeds), eggs (poached/boiled) 

I aint a pro, but this a lot of the stuff I've read about that has worked for me to help attain a decent physique and stay fit, hopefully theres a few tips in there for you.

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

It`s a good idea to consult with a doctor. With so much mass and such goals it`s easy to go wrong and damage your body. The gym comes after that.

Btw I was near 140kg. (1,79m) in the beginning of the year but after dropping all unhealthy stuff from my diet now I`m around 103kg. and I`m not planning to stop here. I can`t go to gym because of spine problems and two operations of my right leg. Still I found a workaround.

tl;dr

People are basically two types.

The ones that can eat everything without consequences, even if they bum around all day.

And us - we eat, and get fat if we do not move enough. Especially with depression in bonus.

So, If you start don`t ever give up.

If you do - the fat is just around the corner. It`s a lifetime fight.

p.s.

And don`t give yourself to the ones making jokes on your back. Never.

Bad people will be bad - the only solution is to not give them attention and work through your goals step by step. Let them burst from anger and hate. ;)

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|

I don't think I can contribute much about the diet, but regarding the stretch marks skin flaps, it will really depends on how much belly fat you have right now. The skin will shrink up to a point, but muscles will only take a small portion of the fat you will loose.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

I'm 6'2 and i'm currently in the middle of going from 120kg to 90kg

4 to 8kg a month is ok for only a diet based program . 

Things that helped me alot ( and are still helping me ) :

-Drinking lots of 0% fat milk . I hate drinking lots of water to stop being hungry .

-Eating grilled chicken until you're not hungry anymore . Remove any surface skin ( really fatty ) . Protein is the name of the game .After a month you'll hate grilled chicken ... that's a downside...

-Having to walk 2-3km a day to university increased my slimming rates by at least 50%

-Motherfucking salad is great ! To help eating tons of it try soy sauce and/or yogurt mixes 

About how fast you slim down , how old are you ?

I am 20 years old as of this year, 21 next.

You look like you've got a pretty good plan with going to get evaluated and all of that. My biggest suggestion would be to still do something on your off days, not anything intense, but a walk that is out of your normal routine would be good because it helps keep you kind of warmed up for the next day. Don't get discouraged on the first days of working out, nearly every muscle in your body will probably hurt, and will still hurt by the time of your next workout, but that pain is temporary and so worth it. As for the skin flaps gaining muscle in place of it will help a pretty good amount, but also remember if you go for muscle building you wont notice near as much weight loss which isn't bad because muscle weighs more than fat, but it may seem discouraging because you'll be seeing less instant results. Good job on making the first step, it's the first two steps that are the hardest after that you'll be on your way to a fully healthy lifestyle and will be losing in no time. 

edit: Take monthly progress photos. You don't have to show them to anyone, but you can if you want but keep them for yourself because when the 8 months are up you can look back and see how much you have changed.

I planned on taking the progress photos, if anything I'll make a post about this somewhere on the internet when I succeed in losing all this weight, I plan on getting 2 schedules when I get evaluated, one that I can do at gym for cardio+more weight training and then one I can do at home to help lose weight still.

It`s a good idea to consult with a doctor. With so much mass and such goals it`s easy to go wrong and damage your body. The gym comes after that.

Btw I was near 140kg. (1,79m) in the beginning of the year but after dropping all unhealthy stuff from my diet now I`m around 103kg. and I`m not planning to stop here. I can`t go to gym because of spine problems and two operations of my right leg. Still I found a workaround.

tl;dr

People are basically two types.

The ones that can eat everything without consequences, even if they bum around all day.

And us - we eat, and get fat if we do not move enough. Especially with depression in bonus.

So, If you start don`t ever give up.

If you do - the fat is just around the corner. It`s a lifetime fight.

p.s.

And don`t give yourself to the ones making jokes on your back. Never.

Bad people will be bad - the only solution is to not give them attention and work through your goals step by step. Let them burst from anger and hate. ;)

Really appreciate your comment man, I got this big due to depression of bullying and food was my comfort when I was a kid to teenager, I've pretty much been bullied or made fun of since Grade 4 and at Grade 10 I left school and got home schooled, so you could say these are my battle scars (apart from the stretch marks).

I don't think I can contribute much about the diet, but regarding the stretch marks skin flaps, it will really depends on how much belly fat you have right now. The skin will shrink up to a point, but muscles will only take a small portion of the fat you will loose.

It's pretty large, the fat seemed to go straight for my front side, thighs and love handles, and oh boy, I hate love handles, so many times I've been told to pull up my pants because my bumb is showing.... when it is actually 2 large pieces of fat making a bumb look-a-like, good times.