Dell S2716DG / 144hz option isn't available in NVIDIA Control Panel

Go to solution Solved by AllHokage,

No there isn't one

Your going to have to return that thing sadly, seems like a dud. Or you could try just using another display port cable if you have one lying around :o

Hello Everyone,

I Just got a good deal from newegg.com during the thanksgiving saving week.

I purchased a Dell S2716DG, and just received it today. Pretty happy about the monitor's quality, but while setting it up i seem to can't set the monitor to 144hz, it only allows me up to 120hz. I attached a screenshot of my NVDIA Control Panel, i can't really show the dropdown menu of all available options but 120Hz was the highest one. Please Help!

EDITS: I have a GTX 770 as my GPU so it supports this G-Sync monitor at 144hz but i really can't figure out what's going on

post-290316-0-60864500-1448948078.png

Had same problem with my BenQ XL2411Z for a couple of months. You wan't to use the display port (not HDMI 1.4 or you will only get 120hz max). If that doesn't work, make sure you got a good quality display port and not a cheapo, as some displays ports are faulty/fake.

If all else fails take it back and ask for a new cord, check your windows display settings as well.

Good luck :D

Might add this later...

Had same problem with my BenQ XL2411Z for a couple of months. You wan't to use the display port (not HDMI 1.4 or you will only get 120hz max). If that doesn't work, make sure you got a good quality display port and not a cheapo, as some displays ports are faulty/fake.

If all else fails take it back and ask for a new cord, check your windows display settings as well.

If you look at his picture, he clearly shows that he's using display port.

If you look at my NVIDIA Panel, it says that im using display port. As you said thought maybe im using a shit cable because it came with the monitor itself. Though, if it came with the monitor isn't it suppose to deliver the screen capability ?

Thanks for fast replying btw

Are you up to date on your drivers?

OP is using Displayport. It's shows up right there under the "2. Choose the resolution" part.

If you look at his picture, he clearly shows that he's using display port.

Image didn't load before sorry, anyway yes the included display port should of worked. So something is going wrong here. Nothing in the nvidia settings will be able to fix it, it's something to do with the cable or monitor. (try going into monitor settings and see if there is a 144hz mode)

Might add this later...

Are you up to date on your drivers?

OP is using Displayport. It's shows up right there under the "2. Choose the resolution" part.

Yes, i just downloaded it and installed it litterally 10m ago. Both my GPU driver and the monitor's driver are up to date

Yes, i just downloaded it and installed it litterally 10m ago. Both my GPU driver and the monitor's driver are up to date

Does the monitor have a 144hz mode that you need to enable first? Look int he monitor settings and see.

Does the monitor have a 144hz mode that you need to enable first? Look int he monitor settings and see.

Think he might be trying that now, as I suggested that a while ago :D

Good luck if it works  :P

Might add this later...

No there isn't one

No there isn't one

Your going to have to return that thing sadly, seems like a dud. Or you could try just using another display port cable if you have one lying around :o

Might add this later...

That's what i was literally thinking i will be returning it and save money for that Asus ROG SWIFT. Screw Dell. :D

Thanks all of you for fast responds.

• 2 weeks later...

Had the exact same issue... upgraded from GTX770 to GTX980 (both ASUS) and 144hz showed up in the dropdown.  It's either the driver or the card, but not the monitor.

Nvidia specs doesn't list the DP version for the 770. May be the issue. it is an old-ish card. Could could be older version of DP.

Air 540, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 4770K, SLI EVGA 980Ti, 16GB Vengeance Pro 2133, HX1050, H105840 EVO 500, 850 Pro 512, WD Black 1TB, HyperX 3K 120, SMSNG u28e590d, K70 Blues, M65 RGB.          Son's PC: A10 7850k, MSI A88X gaming, MSI gaming R9 270X, Air 240, H55, 8GB Vengeance pro 2400, CX430, Asus VG278HE, K60 Reds, M65 RGB                                                                                       Daughter's PC: i5-4430, MSI z87 gaming AC, GTX970 gaming 4G, pink air 240, fury 1866 8gb, CX600, SMSNG un55HU8550, CMstorm greens, Deathadder 2013

All display ports/video cards should still work, as even the oldest one supports 144hz.

Might add this later...