Question to all MSI 980 Ti Gaming 6G owners

Hi all!

One click away from ordering this card. I'd like to ask this community (specifically, owners or previous owners of this card) if my findings are indeed true.

Is it true this card suffer the least from coil whine?

I have done in-dept research, going over critic reviews, user reviews, youtube, and all sort of stuff. I have concluded the card that people reported the least coil whine is the MSI Gaming 6G variant (The most reported being Gigabyte G1). Can I have some final thoughts on my findings? Whether there is other cards with even lower chance of coil whine or my finding was wrong and the Gaming 6G has as much coil whine as other cards.

I'll be switching from an Asus Strix. Despite it's insanely good cooling for a reasonable price (50C on load when fan 100% dafuq), the coil whine is a huge turn off. I am aware the MSI Gaming 6G cooler is not as good as the Strix, but what's the point of a more quiet fan when the coil whine is louder than the fans on load?

Thanks for reading!

I tested a 980ti from MSI in the past and never experienced any coil whine, not from MSI, nor Gigabyte.

Give me a boost. 

I have the Gigabyte 980ti and have not experienced any coil whine.

CPU: i7 - 5930k  GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti  MOBO: MSI XPower AC X99 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB  Boot Drive: M.2 SM951 512GB Storage: 850 Pro 1TB SSD PSU: EVGA 1000W Case: TT Core X9 CPU Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate Case Fans: 2x Cooler Master 200mm Fan, 5x Cougar Vortex 120mm, 4x Be quiet! Pure Wings 140mm Peripherals: Corsair K70 and G5 Mouse

I tested a 980ti from MSI in the past and never experienced any coil whine, not from MSI, nor Gigabyte.

That´s good to hear! Do you remember if the cooler is loud and what range of temp were you getting? For the MSI one.

That´s good to hear! Do you remember if the cooler is loud and what range of temp were you getting? For the MSI one.

Not loud at all. Max was around 65 with correctly configured fans. 

Give me a boost. 

Man, spend some extra dough and get a GTX 980 Ti MSi Lightning Edition. It's faster, overclocks better, cooler, quieter, and looks like a fucking beast. I love mine, best $812.99 I've spent in months.

Except here in Spain, that costs 935.69 EUROS. Which is $988.84... The Gaming 6G already costs 732 EUROS. Which is $773.58. And that's the lowest I've seen it go. There's a reason I waited until black friday/cyber monday to buy it...