How should I go about cooling a FX 9590

Are you telling me that I can perform some magic computer alchemy and turn one processor into another?! What fun! Think of the riches!

All jokes aside, go for a dual 120/140 rad AIO or a beefy air cooler like a Dark Rock Pro 3, overclock it and perform some magic alchemy.

I can't tell if you're joking or not.. Because that's what the FX-9000 series is. The specs are exactly the same, in every way, other than the higher bin on the 9000s.

That's why the world record for highest CPU frequency was achieved on an FX-8350, not a 9590.

I used to be quite active here.

I would just get a Kraken x61 and be done with it. You can do plenty of overclocking on that.

Current Build: Core i7 4790k @ 4.6, Asus Maximus VII Hero, Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400mhz 8gb (2x4gb), GTX 980ti, NZXT Kraken X61, Fractal Define R5  EVGA Supernova B2 850w, Some 300gb hard drive.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/W7CNrH

Stick with the FX8350 buy a better cooler. BUT if overclocking isnt your thing id just hold off till you NEED to upgrade. 

Sell your FX 8350 and use the money from that plus the money you save for buying a cooler on a shiny 4590K/6600K/4790K/5820K/etc.

Oh sure. I'll sell my 8 core processor and buy a new motherboard to replace my $250 one ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). But seriously, I have budget and do more video editing and game creation(Unity 3D) then I do gaming and the 8 cores come in handy. Its hot and eats power like no ones business, but the 8350 and the 9590 are solid proccesors, with the 8350 having 2000+ reviews on newegg.

To all the people who said 'swap it out for Intel', he never actually specified his use of the CPU. For rendering, the FX-8350 is a capable chip, especially when overclocked.

OP, the Noctua NH-D15 is a great cooler if you can fit it in your case. If not, then a Corsair H100i/H100i GTX, H110/H110i GT(X), NZXT Kraken X61 are all good choices. I've seen pretty good prices on a last gen Corsair H110, which is a 280mm cooler. If you can fit it, I'd go for something like that.

However, I really wouldn't go for a 9590. Just overclock your 8350 and your performance won't be far off. 

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

God, everyone saying "sell it buy intel" are such asses. I payed £120 for my 8350 new, and £100 for the board. Provided I even manage to sell it, I'd expect to get maybe £150 if I'm lucky?  If I then had to buy a new motherboard and intel CPU, I'd end up spending at least £100 on top of the amount I got for selling the old stuff, and then I'd probably have to buy a cooler anyway, because the CPU may not come with a cooler, and even if it does, intel stock coolers are a joke. Just doesn't work out as a financially viable option compared to getting a hyper 212 EVO or a AIO watercooling set up for the 8350.

i7-7700 | Asrock H270M-ITX | Fractal Design Core 500 | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX | EVGA GTX 1080 Ti | 850 EVO 500GB | 850 EVO 250GB | WD CavGreen 2TB

EVGA SuperNOVA 550W | Steel Series Elite Prism | Final mouse 2015 | WASD Keyboards V2 (MX Blue) | Acer Predator 1440p 144Hz

Oh sure. I'll sell my 8 core processor and buy a new motherboard to replace my $250 one ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°). But seriously, I have budget and do more video editing and game creation(Unity 3D) then I do gaming and the 8 cores come in handy. Its hot and eats power like no ones business, but the 8350 and the 9590 are solid proccesors, with the 8350 having 2000+ reviews on newegg.

Go ahead and keep it then. It's your PC, I'm not going to get in the way of that. If you want to keep it, it's still a good processor. I've owned and FX 6300 and honestly it wasn't as bad as people said it was going to be.

As a person who was in your situation but going from a 1090t i opted for a fx 8350 as the performance gains to the 9590 are not worth the extra cost, i spent the extra on a kelvin S36 and tbh im at 9590 speeds on a 8350 (was lucky to get a good chip mind) . Still a solid cpu for multi threaded apps especially if you have a good mobo with solid vrms. 

Honestly dont think the 9590 is worth it unless you want the guaranteed speeds and bragging rights, although im not denying its a good piece of engineering. Also if you buy a good cooler you'll have it for your next build when that comes around.