$4000 X99 M-ATX BUILD

Torvach

Thats understood. But then If i settle for 4k my GPU's fall to the test of time. Sure with this setup they would run games fine at 4k now. But a year or two from now the new tripple A titles will be harsh on them at 4k. Whilst at 1440p they will stand the test pf time much longer.

Maybe some hardcore games that really want to push graphical quality, but I'd imagine it's more that games will become better optimized and DX12/Vulkan is going to be a big part of that, no point in making it so no one can play your game, kinda like crysis did. at least the furys have a lot of potential through driver optimization, the cards should be a lot faster than they currently are, not sure what's holding them back.

Also if you were to wait until next month the Fury X2 is coming out, and unless it's a dedicated 3 slot card you'd be able to fit it into an ITX case and still have 2 Fury GPUs

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Maybe some hardcore games that really want to push graphical quality, but I'd imagine it's more that games will become better optimized and DX12/Vulkan is going to be a big part of that, no point in making it so no one can play your game, kinda like crysis did. at least the furys have a lot of potential through driver optimization, the cards should be a lot faster than they currently are, not sure what's holding them back.

Also if you were to wait until next month the Fury X2 is coming out, and unless it's a dedicated 3 slot card you'd be able to fit it into an ITX case and still have 2 Fury GPUs

Yea i was reading into the fury x2 earlier today. Ive never been one for the "dual gpus on a single pcb". But depending on how it performs and its price point it could be a likely option. things i hope for is for it to have 8gb of hbm. An unlocked voltage to oc it past the 1100mhz that everyone else seems to be stuck around. And for it to keep the aio liquad cooler design. But i imagine thats a must because without it this card would probably be pretty toasty under load and thermal throttle a lot. They are boasting that it has an 80% gpu increase from the fury x. At least i think thats what i remember reading. But we shall see. The gpu will be the last purchase of my build around the end of december time frame. Oh. And if they keep the same sleek design if they go the aio liquad cooler route that would be great too. Id love to have the OpenCL AND the performance over the 980 ti's. Even if it is a lottle more costly.

Yea i was reading into the fury x2 earlier today. Ive never been one for the "dual gpus on a single pcb". But depending on how it performs and its price point it could be a

They're still going to be 4gb cards most likely, and it'll probably be water cooled like the 295x2

80% is probably right just look for some dual Fury X benchmarks and there ya go, AMD does in general tend to have better scaling than SLI, not sure if it's because they did away with the dual GPU bridges

Voltage was unlocked recently

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?