MSI r9 390 Overclocking

Rhett M. Quigley

I oc'ed my msi 390 to 1165 without touching the voltage, I see artifacts in Unigine Valley, is this solvable by increasing the voltage? And would the extra oc room by increasing the voltage be worth the risks involved?

I oc'ed my msi 390 to 1165 without touching the voltage, I see artifacts in Unigine Valley, is this solvable by increasing the voltage?

Maybe. Most likely yes, but there is a possibility that even with an overvolt, artifacts still occur.

And would the extra oc room by increasing the voltage be worth the risks involved?

If your temps are fine and you are sure they'll always be.... there are pretty much no risks. It's up to you to decide on where the extra heat, noise and power consumption are worth it, though.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Maybe. Most likely yes, but there is a possibility that even with an overvolt, artifacts still occur.

If your temps are fine and you are sure they'll always be.... there are pretty much no risks. It's up to you to decide on where the extra heat, noise and power consumption are worth it, though.

How much should I increase the voltage, bit by bit?

How much should I increase the voltage, bit by bit?

Yeah.

If temps ever get out of hand, just stop increasing voltage and back it off a tad.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

Yeah.

If temps ever get out of hand, just stop increasing voltage and back it off a tad.

What about the power limit?

What about the power limit?

Put it to max at all times. That thing is only ever useful if you have a weak PSU; otherwise, it just serves to reduce performance without reason.

Put it to max at all times. That thing is only ever useful if you have a weak PSU; otherwise, it just serves to reduce performance without reason.

I have heard that setting it max degrades performance.

No. Power at max is the official max. Its normal and within the cards official spec.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz