I want to upgrade

pvknbd

I currently have a r9270x 2gb graphics card I want to upgrade to a gtx970 4gb will it bottleneck with my current cpu its a amd fx6300 and how much better performance will I get with the new graphics card?

There will be an increase in performance however there will also be a fairly large bottleneck.

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

What cpu do you reccomend I get to not have a bottleneck?

I currently have a r9270x 2gb graphics card I want to upgrade to a gtx970 4gb will it bottleneck with my current cpu its a amd fx6300 and how much better performance will I get with the new graphics card?

If you're upgrading GPU, frames will never go down in games, they'll either stay the same or increase. For the upgrade. I suspect you will see some bottlenecks in places, but it wont be too bad - it will depend on game and scene.

If you're upgrading GPU, frames will never go down in games, they'll either stay the same or increase. For the upgrade. I suspect you will see some bottlenecks in places, but it wont be too bad - it will depend on game and scene.

i want to have the gtx 970 being used to its full extent I don't want bottlenecks and games I want to be playing is gta5 on high settings

i want to have the gtx 970 being used to its full extent I don't want bottlenecks and games I want to be playing is gta5 on high settings

If you have a low budget go for the Intel Core i5 4460. If you want to spend around $230 go for the Intel Core i5 4690K. Keep in mind you also need to get another motherboard for those two cpu's.

low budget - 4460

otherwise 4690k, 6600k

and get R9 390, same price, faster, double VRAM

I have an i5 4590 myself (and a GTX970) and I can play at almost ultra settings at 60fps :D

Main gaming pc: Lian-Li Lancool II Mesh Performance - Ryzen 5 5600X - MSI GTX1080Ti Armor - AMD Wraith Spire RGB - ASUS TUF Gaming B550 Plus - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 2x8GB 3200MHz - 500GB M.2 (and a few other drives)

Gaming laptop: ASUS GL552VW: i7 6700HQ - GTX960M 2GB - 8GB DDR4 2166Mhz RAM - 1TB 7200RPM HDD