Microphone Suddenly Picking Up Audio Output

Hiebly

Lately my microphone has been picking up everything going through my headset. It used to be just the occasional high pitched sound would get picked back up by the microphone, no real biggie... but for some reason the past ~2 weeks literally everything is getting fed back into the microphone. I'm trying to get into Twitch streaming and YouTube videos and during a test broadcast I said "Hello" and every time I heard it back from Twitch through my headset my mic picked it up again, and again etc... so basically I heard "Hello?" every 10 seconds getting slightly quieter each time until inaudible.

I have no idea why this is happening. To the best of my knowledge (from when it started happening in Shadowplay recordings and when friends over Skype pointed it out) this started happening a month ago, around which time nothing changed in my system setup. Although about 2 months ago I got a GTX 980 Ti and had to start using front-panel audio jacks instead of rear (since rear now gets crazy interference), I feel like this might be related and I just never noticed until recently.

I have a Gigabyte Z97X SLI motherboard which uses the realtek audio stuff, and I've got a Kingston HyperX Cloud headset. I've played around with audio levels, noise suppression, swapping the headphone and mic jacks around, etc... same effect. Still picks up absolutely everything.

I doubt it's a microphone issue because the volume of my headset and sensitivity/volume of the microphone hasn't changed at all, so I can't fathom why it would suddenly pick everything up... it almost seems like there's something fucky in Windows or the audio drivers that's causing the microphone input to pick up basically everything on output as well.

Anyone got any ideas? :/