What is a good graphics card.

trinityrthomas

What is a good graphics card? I am building my own desktop. I don't know that much about parts and compatibility but I would like to build a gaming computer and I would like to know some good types of graphics cards and where you can buy them. Any price I am just looking at ones that run well.

What is a good graphics card? I am building my own desktop. I don't know that much about parts and compatibility but I would like to build a gaming computer and I would like to know some good types of graphics cards and where you can buy them. Any price I am just looking at ones that run well.

First of all, follow your own topics ^

Second, we need to know your Location and budget.

https://pcpartpicker.com/

what price? there the 980ti that is $700 

@trinityrthomas 980 ti. But they are expensive.

What is your budget?

EDIT:

@DominicNikon, @GamerPro11, you beat me to it already  :(

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

Kay so.

If you are someone who is like "Well i got me a 1080P Monitor but i got me about 150-200$ for my christmas money" then i would sure as hell look into an R9 380 (Try for the 4GB One if you can), or maybe go on the Used Markets and try for a R9 280X or 7970 or 7950 or try and get a Lucky GTX 780.

if you are someone with aboot 250-350$ in their Budget and they are ethier running 1080P or 1440P Then a R9 390 would be the card to go for, unless you like Nvidia's features and certain aspects of the GTX 970

Or if you are just a tad above 200 but dont want to go upto near about 300, then the R9 380X would be the thing for you and that would do 1080P and probably 1440P pretty alright.

If you got a ton of money and are running ethier 1080P 144hz 1440P or even upto 4K then i would Look into a 980Ti, Then if anything above then i'd just add another 980Ti or 2.

What CPU are you thinking of getting?

Some cases it might be worth going a little down on the CPU to grab the much superior graphics card, Best example at the top of my head being originally 4790K/6700K and a 980, where you can go down to a 4690K/6600K and use the savings for a 980ti.

on the other hand a 4460 and a 380X would probably be wiser over a 390/970 and a i3 4170

(then again if you are doing editing and rendering i would keep the i7)

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD