Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 960 Overclock?

MrMajorAssassin

Hey,

I've recently purchased a GTX 960 G1 Gaming from Gigabyte. If anybody else has a 960 G1 Gaming, or just a GTX 960 - could you post how much you were able to raise the Core Voltage, Core Clock, and Memory Clock. I'm not quite sure if my 960 is performing as it should be - or maybe my expectations are too high?

I also have a silly question to go along with this thread. I'm overclocking the GPU using MSI Afterburner, and I'm checking the GPU/Memory Clock information in GPU-Z.

I would like to know the difference between the clock speed shown under the 'Graphics Card' tab, and the 'sensors' tab.

For example - when I raise the GPU Clock to the recommended manufacturer's boost clock - it shows the same under the Graphics Card tab, but not under the sensors tab. When I've overclocked to 1304MHz GPU Clock, under the sensors tab, it showed the maximum GPU Clock as 1509MHz - why is this the case, and in general overclocking guides, which score is being stated?

My current system specs are:

Intel Core i7-4770 @3.4GHz

Gigabyte GTX 960 G1 Gaming

2x 8GB of Corsair Vengence 1600MHz

2TB WD HDD

1TB WD HDD

I've got 5 case fans, & on my CPU I have a Coolermaster Hyper T4 CPU cooler.

750 Watt Thermaltake PSU.

Thanks,

Lachlan.

Did I make no sense? Feel free to ask me to clarify.

Hey,

I've recently purchased a GTX 960 G1 Gaming from Gigabyte. If anybody else has a 960 G1 Gaming, or just a GTX 960 - could you post how much you were able to raise the Core Voltage, Core Clock, and Memory

Snip

Thanks,

Lachlan.

Did I make no sense? Feel free to ask me to clarify.

its been a while since i had my 960 so I'm not sure about the clock/mem speeds (I'll check later, my pc is down but I've got screenshots somewhere) As far as gpu-z, the sensors tab will give you the most current and correct clock speeds. The graphics card tab shows the bios info (i changed to custom bios and that changes "graphics card" specs). You can also monitor your stats with afterburner. Check out the "monitoring" and "on screen display" tabs of afterburner settings if you haven't already.

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q