Windows 10 or Windows 7?

Made In Canada

Which one do i buy for my first gaming pc?

If it helps, i plan to rely on windows defender as one of my protecters as well as malwarebytes, and would really rather prefer one that does not get curropt and deleted files often or however that issue went.

I do like the look of Windows 7 more but i could live with Windows 10 if its worth it.

The Canadian Version Of Everything

-Made In Canada

Which one do i buy for my first gaming pc?

If it helps, i plan to rely on windows defender as one of my protecters as well as malwarebytes, and would really rather prefer one that does not get curropt and deleted files often or however that issue went.

I do like the look of Windows 7 more but i could live with Windows 10 if its worth it.

I would personally recommend Windows 7, just because it has less bugs.

7 is a bit better than 10 imo. Seeing as how i've upgraded from 7 to 10, I kinda regret it. Not as much customization, more bugs, and the UI is just slow sometimes(might be my computer). Go with 7, it has all of the optimizations done already and compatibility is much easier.

Don't be fooled by the bottom line of my sig, that is just for my travels.

So you're telling me that Gaben is no God? Enough of your foolishness.

My hardware you ask? I'm using a Dell Inspiron 3217 Notebook... With an LG 25UM57.

7 is a bit better than 10 imo. Seeing as how i've upgraded from 7 to 10, I kinda regret it. Not as much customization, more bugs, and the UI is just slow sometimes(might be my computer). Go with 7, it has all of the optimizations done already and compatibility is much easier.

I would personally recommend Windows 7, just because it has less bugs.

What about for modern games and future ones? Example is Fallout 4, will it run on windows 7?

Another thing, which one has better online surfing protection/ windows defender?

And can Windows 7 run chrome?

-Made In Canada

What about for modern games and future ones? Example is Fallout 4, will it run on windows 7?

Another thing, which one has better online surfing protection/ windows defender?

Yes (fallout I'm playing it), if the game in the future isn't dx12 exclusive yes

7 (security essentials)

Yes

To add to windows 7 pros in my previous comment it is cheaper

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Windows ME can run chrome lol. Windows 7 isn't that old, so don't worry.

1. Pretty much all modern games are compatible for 7 and future games will be compatible for at least another year or two.

2. I don't actually know, mainly because I never needed windows defender for 7, but it works just fine on 10.

3. Yes

Don't be fooled by the bottom line of my sig, that is just for my travels.

So you're telling me that Gaben is no God? Enough of your foolishness.

My hardware you ask? I'm using a Dell Inspiron 3217 Notebook... With an LG 25UM57.

Don't over think it...

1. Buy Windows 7, and you get Windows 10 free (u can upgrade to 10, then reinstall 7)

2. Windows 7 can be found for WAY cheaper

So yeah there is 0 reason to buy win 10

Computer: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZczbWZ ~$950

Computer w/ Peripherals: http://pcpartpicker.com/b/mZNNnQ ~$1650

Case: Blue s340 painted black CPU: 4790K OC to 4.5MHz Cooler: Dark Rock 3 GPU: Powercolor R9-290 MOBO: z97 MSI Gaming 5 RAM: Fury HyperX 2x8GB 1866Mhz PSU: Corsair rm750x Storage: 250GB 850 EVO & 1TB WD Black HeadPhones: HD598 SE Speakers: MAckie CR4 SE Keyboard: K70 Cherry-Brown Mouse: G9x Fans: Prolimatech Vortex 140mm

Yes (fallout I'm playing it), if the game in the future isn't dx12 exclusive yes

7 (security essentials)

Yes

To add to windows 7 pros in my previous comment it is cheaper

Windows ME can run chrome lol. Windows 7 isn't that old, so don't worry.

1. Pretty much all modern games are compatible for 7 and future games will be compatible for at least another year or two.

2. I don't actually know, mainly because I never needed windows defender for 7, but it works just fine on 10.

3. Yes

Missed asking.

How about Windows 8.1? (i know i hear its terrible but im still asking).

-Made In Canada

Missed asking.

How about Windows 8.1? (i know i hear its terrible but im still asking).

Your assumptions are correct, it is not better than the others unless you have a tablet, aka ignore 8.1

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Fallout 4 should run on Windows 7, and Chrome does too. Not sure about the surfing protection/windows defender, they are both Windows so they are both vulnerable.

Fallout 4 should run on Windows 7, and Chrome does too. Not sure about the surfing protection/windows defender, they are both Windows so they are both vulnerable.

Any idea of what i can do to protect my pc? Or will once a day malwarebytes scans be fine?

-Made In Canada

Any idea of what i can do to protect my pc? Or will once a day malwarebytes scans be fine?

Using malwarebytes is fine, although you should probably run another antivirus alongside it. I mostly use Linux so I don't know what AV is good for Windows, but I've noticed that a lot of viruses come from ads so maybe using adblock would help too.