Nvidia 3d ready

8MrSteel
Go to solution Solved by Nexxus,

No glasses for movies use something called PAssive 3d, Nvidia 3D vision is active 3d and its a totally different tech.

Am i able to use normal 3d glasses like the only in theater on my nvidia 3d ready monitor or do i have to buy the nvidia glasses kit

Try with normal 3D glasses, but I think you are going to have to purchase the kit. 

Intel Core i5 4590Gigabyte GA-970 Ax4 4GB DDR3 Crucial Balistix SportGigabyte Windforce GTX 970 | 3 TB of HDD | Enermax CoenusEVGA 500 Watt 80 Plus | Windows 10 | Razer Black Widow Tournament EditionLogitech G502 Proteus Core | Audio Technica M50x | Tonor BM 700 Nikon D3400 

CompTIA A+ Certified

Try with normal 3D glasses, but I think you are going to have to purchase the kit. 

Okay thank i just wanted to check since i just bought a new monitor that has 3d 

No glasses for movies use something called PAssive 3d, Nvidia 3D vision is active 3d and its a totally different tech.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

okay so i definatly have to buy glasses

okay so i definatly have to buy glasses

Ya, before investing it in be aware Nvidia 3d vision will about half your theoretical framerate (I say theoretical cause if you are locked at 60 fps cause of v sync you can still run at 60 if you would be getting 120+fps without vsync) it needs to render 2 images to go back and forth between so you need a damn powerful machine, and it doesnt work with every game that comes out there can be some visual bugs with hot the 3d is rendered depending on that game.

All that being said I ADORE when a game utilizes it I find the game world so much more interesting and find myself at times looking at details in the game fascinated with them when I would never normally look twice at the object. (in dishonored I found myself looking at paintings alot)

Another thing is I was playing dishonored with it, I dunno how much you know about dishonored but there is alot of walking on rooftops in it, I cant remember why but I wanted to get a better look at the area I was in while on a roof so I walked forward, and without realizing I walked right to the edge of the roof and looked down. I got that instinctive "Oh god this is dangerous" feeling in my gut (I dont even have a fear of heights) and instinctively stepped back to "safety' Never have I felt something like that in a game before.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

3D glasses are overrated....

On a Serious note. This may help you.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/3dtv-play-compare.html

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER