GPU Upgrade

MetaFinland

Hi. I've got an question... I might get a new PC for christmas (Lenovo H50-50. Building is NOT a option) It has a i5-4460 and a R7 240.... Can i upgrade it to a low power, short card? I was thinking about a GTX 750Ti... Would it work? Thanks!

My only option ;_;

Do you know what the power supply on the system is?

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

My only option ;_;

Why?

My build : http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL

[spoiler spoiler=Crimson Skyline]  My build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL | I5-6600K | Hyper 212 Evo | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming + ROG Front Base | Axevir Core Series Red 2X8 2400 | Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB | Western Digital 1TB Blue | MSI R9 390 | Corsair 760T | Corsair 850 RMI | Dell U2515H IPS | Hyper X II Cloud Red | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech G602 |

[spoiler spoiler=Laptop] I7 3232QM | Nvidia GT635M | 17.6" TN | 1TB HD | 6GB RAM

Why?

My Dad is like "Yeah ok" and my Mom is like "Oh you can't do SH*T!" :( (ps. I have a ASUS X515MA ;_;)

My Dad is like "Yeah ok" and my Mom is like "Oh you can't do SH*T!" :( (ps. I have a ASUS X515MA ;_ ;)

what if you tell them you get a much better thing for same $?

Why?

Unfortunately this is a terrible question to ask.

The answer though is so we know if we can put a graphics card that will pull a lot of power from the PSU in the system, or if you will have to upgrade that to run any good cards.

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

OEM pc's, let's tell once more why it's a bad idea.

Even if the psu is fine, the gpu will fit and whatever. It probably won't work.

The motherboard has a whitelist with parts. As soon as a part is detected that isn't in the whitelist, it won't work anymore, AT ALL.

It's not broken or anything, it will just not work anymore as long as that part is there.

It's with every single OEM pc out there, there is only 1 solution and that is swapping the motherboard. But then you might need a new case and psu because the motherboard might not be atx or whatever and the psu might be designed in such a way you can't connect the motherboard to it anymore. And when you get new gpu, psu, case and motherboard, you have almost a completely new computer.

And that's why you shouldn't go OEM!

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Well yeah... I think i will convince them to let me build my PC.... My friend can even help me cuz he has a PC that he built.... He says that it was easy, i know that it's easy because i used almos ALL of the summer looking tutorials, parts and stuff like that...

Unfortunately this is a terrible question to ask.

The answer though is so we know if we can put a graphics card that will pull a lot of power from the PSU in the system, or if you will have to upgrade that to run any good cards.

Why is a terrible question? If we can solve the reason why he won't build one we can get him a better build for a lower price.

[spoiler spoiler=Crimson Skyline]  My build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/Ck8VkL | I5-6600K | Hyper 212 Evo | Asus Z170 Pro Gaming + ROG Front Base | Axevir Core Series Red 2X8 2400 | Sandisk SSD Plus 240 GB | Western Digital 1TB Blue | MSI R9 390 | Corsair 760T | Corsair 850 RMI | Dell U2515H IPS | Hyper X II Cloud Red | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech G602 |

[spoiler spoiler=Laptop] I7 3232QM | Nvidia GT635M | 17.6" TN | 1TB HD | 6GB RAM

Well yeah... I think i will convince them to let me build my PC.... My friend can even help me cuz he has a PC that he built.... He says that it was easy, i know that it's easy because i used almos ALL of the summer looking tutorials, parts and stuff like that...

If you can convince them, what would your budget be? I'll set one up for ya on Pcpartpicker.

Why is a terrible question? If we can solve the reason why he won't build one we can get him a better build for a lower price.

He said he cannot build one. stating "It is not an option" so while i agree with you. We should look into ways to help him with his situation, he explained already he could not as his parents will not let him.

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i