No Display after GPU cleaning

Waqas409

Today i was cleaning only the backside of a gpu ( not a FAN side ) because it was a dusty. I just rubbed it with cloth and removed the dust but now there is no Display,tried changing the slots but still no display no beeps nothing. I'm scared if i damaged my card or something? :(

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Corsair Vengeance lpx 32gb 3600mhz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING | XPG Core Reactor 850w

Today i was cleaning only the backside of a gpu ( not a FAN side ) because it was a dusty. I just rubbed it with cloth and removed the dust but now there is no Display,tried changing the slots but still no display no beeps nothing. I'm scared if i damaged my card or something? :(

Your GPU doesnt have a back plate i assume?

Make sure the power is connected and you have the GPU plugged in correctly. Also try using the onboard graphics to be sure its not defaulting to that.

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

Do you even static? Are the fans running?

Yes Fan is still running. When i was cleaning, Computer was shutdown not complete power cut off.

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Corsair Vengeance lpx 32gb 3600mhz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING | XPG Core Reactor 850w

Your GPU doesnt have a back plate i assume?

Make sure the power is connected and you have the GPU plugged in correctly. Also try using the onboard graphics to be sure its not defaulting to that.

It doesn't have back plate and Yes on board is working fine :( :(

If it works on the onboard but not the GPU then you may have damaged the GPU with static electricity. Using the onboard can you see the GPU using the monitoring software you use?

If anyone asks you never saw me.

It doesn't have back plate and Yes on board is working fine :( :(

See if the GPU is recognized by the BIOS

Intel Core i7-6700k | 2 X Gigabyte 4GB GTX 970 Overclocked Edition | 16GB (4X4GB) DDR4 2133MHz Corsair Dominator Platinum | MasterCase Pro 5

ASUS Z170 Deluxe Motherboard | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro + Seagate 2TB Storage | Corsair Hydro H80i GT | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | Corsair HX850i

If it works on the onboard but not the GPU then you may have damaged the GPU with static electricity. Using the onboard can you see the GPU using the monitoring software you use?

How can i monitor because for onboard GPU i have to unmount the nvidia gpu from motherboard.

See if the GPU is recognized by the BIOS

It doesnt display if i use onboard and still nvidia gpu on PCI slot. I have to removed the nvidia GPU from the slot in order to use onboard otherwise it wont display.

It doesnt display if i use onboard and still nvidia gpu on PCI slot. I have to removed the nvidia GPU from the slot in order to use onboard otherwise it wont display.

Not sure if your BIOS can be set to onboard only and show graphics card information or not. This could be an issue. It sounds like static electricity to me.

That sucks. Only way to know then is put the GPU in another PC and see if it works.

If anyone asks you never saw me.

What GPU is it?

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

What GPU is it?

its Inno3D Geforce GTX 550ti

its Inno3D Geforce GTX 550ti

No backplate... Yeah, you probably killed the card... Unless you forgot to plug it in?

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

No backplate... Yeah, you probably killed the card... Unless you forgot to plug it in?

I shutdown my PC but forget to power off from the plug, Mobo light was on :(. what i have done :/ big mistake im still angry on my self !

I shutdown my PC but forget to power off from the plug, Mobo light was on :(. what i have done :/ big mistake im still angry on my self !

Well, an upgrade was probably necessary, anyway.

Maybe there is still hope... try a different connector at the back. For example if you were using DVI, try HDMI oder DisplayPort.

Intel Core i7 4790K || G.Skill 16GB DDR3 || MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G || Fractal Design Define R5 || Asus Gryphon Z97 || EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2 || Crucial MX100 256GB || Noctua NH-D15

OMG Its working again i don't know how but i kept my computer off for 20 minutes than i started again and its working.

OMG Its working again i don't know how but i kept my computer off for 20 minutes than i started again and its working.

I guess you won't be wiping your gpu again without thinking twice...

It's not a race to the bottom.

I guess you won't be wiping your gpu again without thinking twice...

Not even in dreams. :D