best monitor for under $150* ?

KabuTheFox

*it can be a bit more, due to upcoming sales and price drops. we will say highest is $200 per monitor if its worth the price jump

needed specs;

budget: $150 per monitor (up to $300~ in total)

usage: gaming/rendering on a dual screen setup

screen size: 22 - 25

resolution: at least 1920x1080 (not interested in ultra/full widescreen setups) (it is also doubtful there is a monitor worth getting above this resolution for my budget)

built-in speakers: not a necessity, i can make do with a low price pair of speakers and/or headphones. prefer screen/build quality over added features like this.

screen type: i am not entirely sure if it matters, i hear IPS is the best quality but it has worse response times and is reflective/glossy compared to TN. i do not work with a direct light behind me, but i do generally like to keep my ceiling lights or desktop lights on. would these interfere noticeably with my screen if it is IPS?

secondary question:

is it worth buying 2 monitors at under $150, or would it be more worth wild to save up, when the rest of my build is $2000~?

Acer h235hlbid is good, it sometimes can be bought for $120

Its essential you get a slim bezel if your doing triple monitor setup I think the dell u2414 (I think that's what it's called) is £170 atm and there are some sub 150 really slim bezel asus monitors as well

Its essential you get a slim bezel if your doing triple monitor setup I think the dell u2414 (I think that's what it's called) is £170 atm and there are some sub 150 really slim bezel asus monitors as well

slim bezel is not necessary for what this dual setup would be used for, i did not mention this however.

for example;

screen 1 - photoshop or zbrush (any design program)

screen 2 - reference image(s) / videos

as opposed to a side-by-side display being used as 1 continuous monitor

slim bezel is not necessary for what this dual setup would be used for, i did not mention this however.

for example;

screen 1 - photoshop or zbrush (any design program)

screen 2 - reference image(s) / videos

as opposed to a side-by-side display being used as 1 continuous monitor

there is a 150 pound lg ultrawide 25 inch I'd recommend getting two of them in a top and bottom config like this

post-196573-0-88942300-1448308555.jpg

Oh I thought it was £150 English pound not dollars those monitors will be abit over your budget

these are the monitors that seem to be the betters of this price range 
http://tinyurl.com/qgry9nj

deciding which to actually grab is proving to be a challenge, there are 2 that stand out amoungst the rest to me;

Asus VE248Q, it is the only one of them that has a displayport which is supposedly the best setup connection to go with. Along with that it is a TN monitor with a 2ms response, and has built-in speakers (however , i think id perfer to have mine separate in a dual screen setup)

and Acer H236HLbid, low price ips monitor with nice aesthetics (no display port or speakers however) 

a close 3rd was the Acer v246hlbmid, it is very similar to the Asus above but again no display port instead it has a useless vga

Oh I thought it was £150 English pound not dollars those monitors will be abit over your budget

it is indeed over my price range, however if i were to get a ultra/full widescreen i could make do with just 1

ips and ultrawide are those kind of things i would rather see in person before buying, just a shame no places near me really sell those instore

*it can be a bit more, due to upcoming sales and price drops. we will say highest is $200 per monitor if its worth the price jump

needed specs;

budget: $150 per monitor (up to $300~ in total)

usage: gaming/rendering on a dual screen setup

screen size: 22 - 25

resolution: at least 1920x1080 (not interested in ultra/full widescreen setups) (it is also doubtful there is a monitor worth getting above this resolution for my budget)

built-in speakers: not a necessity, i can make do with a low price pair of speakers and/or headphones. prefer screen/build quality over added features like this.

screen type: i am not entirely sure if it matters, i hear IPS is the best quality but it has worse response times and is reflective/glossy compared to TN. i do not work with a direct light behind me, but i do generally like to keep my ceiling lights or desktop lights on. would these interfere noticeably with my screen if it is IPS?

secondary question:

is it worth buying 2 monitors at under $150, or would it be more worth wild to save up, when the rest of my build is $2000~?

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-monitor-vs238hp 

Great Monitor. 

this would all be easier if i knew how well ips looked in my working environment

@anyone
is it better (or even possible) to connect monitor to monitor or is it better to connect both to the gpu?
this may help slim down the options

this is my first multi screen setup

on the other end if display port is automatically better no matter what, then the choice is rather obvious seeing as there is only 1 option i would go with that has a display port in this price range

thinking either or

Acer H236HLbid
+cheap
+good reviews
+no built in speakers (expected for the price)

+/-ips

or

Asus VE248Q
+good reviews
+display port
+has an actual refresh rate along with the "asr" one

-pricier

+/- build in speakers 
+/- not ips