So Linus, Follow up from twitter.

Brownfield1995

Linus,        

I recently customized and bought a gaming PC from ibuypower.com and i just wanted to know your take on it. I mostly play WoW and SC2 with a bit of L4D and L4D2. I know that what I chose could probably run all those games perfectly but i wanted to reassure myself that it wont be outdated soon. On ibuypower this is exactly what i ordered. It hasn't arrived yet but I hope its what I'm anticipating. By the way, i also have been on your YouTube channel and watched almost all of your videos just to make sure i make good decisions. Thanks again and keep up the good work! 

Michael Brownfield

1 x  Case (AZZA Armour Gaming Case - Blue)) 1 x  Processor (AMD FX-8350 CPU (8x 4.00GHz/8MB L2 Cache))) 1 x  Motherboard (Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P -- FREE Upgrade to ASUS M5A97 R2.0)) 1 x  Memory (8 GB [4 GB X2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand)) 1 x  Video Card (AMD Radeon HD 7850 - 2GB - FREE Upgrade to Radeon HD 7870 2GB - Single Card)) 1 x  Case Lighting (Cold Cathode Neon Light - Blue)) 1 x  Power Supply (500 Watt - Corsair CX500 V2)) 1 x  Processor Cooling (Liquid CPU Cooling System [AMD] - Standard 120mm Fan)) 1 x  Primary Hard Drive (1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive)) 1 x  Data Hard Drive (None)) 1 x  2nd Optical Drive (None)) 1 x  Optical Drive (24x Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black)) 1 x  Sound Card (3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard)) 1 x  Speaker System (None)) 1 x  Network Card (Onboard LAN Network (Gb or 10/100))) 1 x  Monitor (None)) 1 x  Operating System (Windows 8 + Office 2010 Trial [Free 60-Day !!!] - 64-bit)) 1 x  Warranty (3 Year Standard Warranty Service)) 1 x  Rush Service (Rush Service Fee (not shipping fee) - No Rush Service, Estimate Ship Out in 5~10 Business Days)) 1 x  Advanced Build Options (iBUYPOWER Specialized Advanced Packaging System - Protect your investment during transportation!)) 1 x  Video Camera (None)) 1 x  Meter Display (None)) 1 x  Flash Media Reader / Writer (None)) 1 x  2nd Monitor (None)) 1 x  Free Stuff ([FREE Game Download] - AMD Silver Reward - Select 2 Free Games - Free with purchase of AMD Radeon HD 7870 or 7850 Graphics Cards)) 1 x  Free Stuff ([FREE Game Download] - Tomb Raider + Bioshock Infinite + Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - Free with purchase of any AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series Graphics Card)) 1 x  iBUYPOWER Labs - Noise Reduction (None)) 1 x  iBUYPOWER Labs - Internal Expansion (None)) 1 x  iBUYPOWER PowerDrive (None)) 1 x  Case Engraving Service (None))

That build will suit your needs just fine. That being said, I would have done a few things differently. 

If you only want to play those games, that build will always give you the same performance. Why did you decide to buy from iBuyPower? 

Because my friend told me about it and lets face it i could build my own, but i dont have that experience. Thats why i ordered from them and they sound like they know what their doing from what i heard from calling them a million times.

I don't like the 8350 for SC2 because of how poor that game is made but for everything else it will be great. Looks good though.

Liquid CPU Cooling System Wonder what the cooler is going to be.

3 year warranty,

2 free games and TR, BII, FC:DB? or 2 free games form those 3? If it's both than that's a hell of a deal.

But seems like a good build overall.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd

maybe add a 120gb SSD like the normal 840 from samsung or something just to smooth windows 8 even more and run WoW and SC2 from the SSD

thats how i have on my PC.. windows 7, sc2 and wow on the ssd and the rest of the games, programs, downloads and backups on the HDD!

other than that the build looks really good :)

-Corsair Carbide 500r + TX-750w V2 | Asus P5Q Deluxe + Intel Core2Duo E8400 @ 3.8Ghz + 2x2GB G.Skill DDR2 1066mhz

-Sapphire HD4890 1GB DDR5 (New Edition) + 1x Intel SSD 330 120GB + 2x Seagate Barracuda 500GB SlimSinglePlate (RAID0)

maybe add a 120gb SSD like the normal 840 from samsung or something just to smooth windows 8 even more and run WoW and SC2 from the SSD

Definitely get a ssd. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I don't like the 8350 for SC2 because of how poor that game is made but for everything else it will be great. Looks good though.

Liquid CPU Cooling System Wonder what the cooler is going to be.

3 year warranty,

2 free games and TR, BII, FC:DB? or 2 free games form those 3? If it's both than that's a hell of a deal.

But seems like a good build overall.

Its both and its an AMD water cooler

seriously, building a pc is not that difficult. its not like u need to type in codes for the thing to assemble. Plug stuff into the right sockets and make sure get power to it. Plus you're in linustechtip's forum so I know you definitely watch Linustechtip's channel, and he has posted like around , 5 system builds (more, I think). Why not try it, I mean, if you want to have some experience building computer, why not do it now where everyone is here ready to help. Linustechtips' forum is one of the most friendliest forum I know of.

AMD water cooler is no doubt one of the high-end all in one watercoolers. It's temperature ranges around the h100.

good luck.

seriously, building a pc is not that difficult. its not like u need to type in codes for the thing to assemble. Plug stuff into the right sockets and make sure get power to it. Plus you're in linustechtip's forum so I know you definitely watch Linustechtip's channel, and he has posted like around , 5 system builds (more, I think). Why not try it, I mean, if you want to have some experience building computer, why not do it now where everyone is here ready to help. Linustechtips' forum is one of the most friendliest forum I know of.

AMD water cooler is no doubt one of the high-end all in one watercoolers. It's temperature ranges around the h100.

good luck.

What do you mean h100? high 100's?

The H100 is a model of all in one liquid cooler by corsair. To put it simply, it's a fancy CPU cooler

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Like hazy said, is a AIO water cooler too by corsair.

Sure you saw this in one or more of Linus' video.

corsair_h100_060211.jpg