Windows 10 is uninstalling user apps without permission

Constantine

I booted up my PC today and found message from Win10 saying that CPU-Z is no longer compatible with this version of Windows and decides on its own to remove the program from user space along with other programs that Microsoft doesn't like and starts replacing them with their own Windows apps.

Its even removed AMD Catalyst Control Centre and installed its own Win10 drivers.

I search around and for some reason nobody is covering this. Apparently its been happening unnoticed with Windows uninstalling programs and even sometimes Steam Games.

It would be nice if anybody knew a way to turn this off.

But seriously, What kind of communist bullshit is this? If this is going to be Microsoft's last Windows release, then they still don't know what the fuck they're doing.

Quoting from Torvalds:

If a change results in user programs breaking, it's a bug in the

kernel. We never EVER blame the user programs. How hard can this be to
understand?

https://lkml.org/lkml/2012/12/23/75

I mean, if you apply an update and it suddenly breaks user apps, then THERE'S SOMETHING FUCKING WRONG WITH YOUR UPDATE!

YOU DON'T FUCKING REMOVE SHIT THAT'S NOT YOURS

/rant

Wow I didn't know Windows would do that. If there is no way to disable this then someone needs to get to work on a program that will fix our problems!

i7-4790k | MSI Z97 GAMING-5 | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | Samsung EVO-850 250GB SSD & WD blue 1 TB HDD | EVGA 1070 SC | Red NZXT H440 | Cooler Master G650W

What kind of communist bullshit is this?

what

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

If this is a Microsoft feature and not a bug in Windows 10 then that leaves a bad taste in the mouth. I think that if this is actually happening as a result of malicious code from Microsoft then this needs to be publicized. We need to let Microsoft know that we won't stand for this kind of behavior.

On the other hand; Microsoft knows that Windows is really the only option for computer users unless you want to use OSX or your are a wizard(Linux). In a way Microsoft has a monopoly over the operating system market, and they know it... Nevertheless if this is true and there is nothing we can do as users then I would 

suggest using Windows 7 or something besides Windows 10 for the time being. 

With that being said this could be a bug with Windows 10 or perhaps a hardware error on your end(Corrupted data or another issue). Windows 10 is relatively new and is still going to need patches and other updates to it no doubt. 

Yeah, this just happened with me also. What other shit did it remove without my permission?

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

Oh wow.... Did not see your post. Made my own post today after doing the update yesterday with pretty much the same issues as you.

Goodbytes was nice enough to provide me with some information since I had no idea this could happen with updates as well.

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/494810-windows-10-update-serious-changes-to-my-system/#entry6627060

I was surprised as well with the way Microsoft decided to do things, can't say I'm looking forward to future updates after what has happend to me.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice