PSU covers etc

Tetters

Guys,

Due to an ass of a boss, shady as shady can be, I am now unemployed and I was  wondering about making a series of PSU covers that will fit a range of cases. I am thinking of  offering a selection of standard designs to match each case but with the option of custom designs if needed. Do you think there is a decent market for this sort of case-extra?

Its something i will be making for myself so I figured, why not make them in bulk. My nephew has access to a machine shop so I am pretty sure the construction costs can be kept to a minimum.

Cheers

T

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

yeah i bet a lot of people would buy that

its also simple to make, just a cut, bent, and painted piece of metal

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Guys,

Due to an ass of a boss, shady as shady can be, I am now unemployed and I was  wondering about making a series of PSU covers that will fit a range of cases. I am thinking of  offering a selection of standard designs to match each case but with the option of custom designs if needed. Do you think there is a decent market for this sort of case-extra?

Its something i will be making for myself so I figured, why not make them in bulk. My nephew has access to a machine shop so I am pretty sure the construction costs can be kept to a minimum.

Cheers

T

It's possible but if your trying to make it into a viable business model it would need to encompass a lot of other modding stuff since the demand for just one item may not be enough. If your able to source a bunch of measurements for cases or have very accurate ones done by users then it would be possible but fit and tolerances may be a problem if you don't have a mock case to test things.

It's possible but if your trying to make it into a viable business model it would need to encompass a lot of other modding stuff since the demand for just one item may not be enough. If your able to source a bunch of measurements for cases or have very accurate ones done by users then it would be possible but fit and tolerances may be a problem if you don't have a mock case to test things.

Indeed, this isnt meant to rock the world from day one, more of a side hobby that could turn into something. I am trying to get a list of measurements for the most popular cases, and then I will start designing the covers. Lets see where this goes, it could be fun!

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

If you are handy with metal/electronics you can make far better money making designer objects/lamps and get art galleries to display and sell them. I've made infinity mirror lamps before and done the exact same thing and made money really easily! I understand that might not be your expertise, but you can't compete with the computer parts market, too much mass production ;) hope this helps!

EDIT: oops, didn't mean to quote!

My Rig:

Model: P650RG | Brand: Clevo | CPU: 6700HQ | GPU: 980M | RAM: 16GB KINGSTON HYPER-X DDR4 | SSD: 2x 480GB Kingston KC300 | Screen: 3K Panasonic IPS LED 

If you are handy with metal/electronics you can make far better money making designer objects/lamps and get art galleries to display and sell them. I've made infinity mirror lamps before and done the exact same thing and made money really easily! I understand that might not be your expertise, but you can't compete with the computer parts market, too much mass production ;) hope this helps!

EDIT: oops, didn't mean to quote!

this is good insight. The reason I thought of  starting with PSU covers is so few manufacturers actually make them (ahem ... Corsair). Still its fun designing the one for my case and if I can get the manufacturing done at a good rate it might produce a small profit. I am not very electronically minded .... but with time on my hands I will look into it.

Indeed, this isnt meant to rock the world from day one, more of a side hobby that could turn into something. I am trying to get a list of measurements for the most popular cases, and then I will start designing the covers. Lets see where this goes, it could be fun!

Yeah as long as you can get really accurate measurements I can see it working out, maybe provide a bunch of extra options also for different materials options, wraps if they don't want paint, and cutouts or light up cutouts or sections for fans. If you have access to the tools and equipment I can see this working out.

Yeah as long as you can get really accurate measurements I can see it working out, maybe provide a bunch of extra options also for different materials options, wraps if they don't want paint, and cutouts or light up cutouts or sections for fans. If you have access to the tools and equipment I can see this working out.

Thanks for the encouragement, thats gratefully received