Need help picking cpu cooler

ThePkSloth

Hi there, i currently have an intel core i5 3570k with stock cooler on an asrock extreme 4 motherboard. I would like to try and oc the cpu to 4.0 ghz or more, but i know that the stock coolers are obviously pretty bad. I was wondering what the best air cpu cooler there is for 30 pounds (about 50 usd)

Thanks for reading

In that range, look at the CM Hyper series - they are pretty good.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I would get a Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo because this budget cooler is pretty good for overclocking.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

I agree with the Cooler Master 212 evo. That is what I have on my 3570k, on an ASUS p8z77, inside my P280, I am able to get about 4.45ghz and still be very stable. I tested the thing for over 24 hours in Aida64 and 100 lines of linpack. Heat is within the manageable range. Avg 71C.

The master of of chaos, fear, and erm... Pandas.

Definately Hyper 212 Evo. If you can double to triple the budget you can get a dualrad water cooler :). Single rad isn't really worth it, just stick with the Hyper 212 evo then.

Seconded. My 212 Evo keeps a quad core FX cpu at around 60 C and its overclocked to 4.5Ghz. And we all know how hot AMD runs so an Intel should be no problem.

My daily driver.

• CPU
    Intel i5 6600 K
  • Motherboard
    Asus Maximus VIII Hero
  • RAM
    16 Gig of G.Skill TridentZ Series 3000 Mhz
  • GPU
    EVGA 1070 FTW edition
  • Case
    Fractal Design Define R5
  • Storage
    Samsung 850 Series 250GB for boot + WD 2TB Black
  • PSU
    Corsair RM 750W
  • Cooling
    Corsair H100 V2
  • Keyboard
    Corsair K 70 LUX
  • Mouse
    Corsair Raptor M45
  • PCPartPicker URL

I'm waiting to see if the hyper 212x gets good results at the same price point (assuming that it will be sold around the same price as all the hyper series). Plus the Evo price might even drop once the 212x hits shelves.

Across the vast and majestic gulf of time and space, the jimmies rustle softly.

I purchased the CM Hyper 212 Evo two days ago and I am very happy with it. Very quiet fan and keeps my i3 2120 under full load at 45 C... Recommending for that price range!

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

Wow thanks guys, i'll start looking into the CM Hyper 212 =)

I got a Be Quiet CPU Cooler Dark Rock PRO 2, very nice, quiet and nice looking :3

But it's a bit more than 50USD...Keeps my 3770K very cool, max 50 C...in a silent setting..

the cooler master 212 series is excellent budget overclocking cooler.

airdeano