Thermal paste

zconflictz7

My friend took off his heatsink and didnt reapply and new paste. He does not own paste. he was wondering if he could use toothpaste. This isnt a joke i am 100% honest/

My friend took off his heatsink and didnt reapply and new paste. He does not own paste. he was wondering if he could use toothpaste. This isnt a joke i am 100% honest/

No you need to use thermal paste it doesn't work that way.

Tooth paste isn't as bad as some might think: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/466238-thermal-paste-vs-toothpaste/#entry6256104

That being said though, thermal paste will likely last a lot longer than tooth paste considering it will dry out in a short amount of time.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Replace it. It doesn't cost that much anyway- maybe $2-5, depending on where you live/what you buy.

Don't use toothpaste, not even sure why you guys consider it.....it isn't funny....he can use a small amount, like a drop, of isopropyl alcohol to moisten the existing paste and then reseat the cooler and it will hold out, i don't mean indefinitely, until he can get some TIM. 

Yes i have done this.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

zconflicts friend

i know this is troll video but i have actually washed video cards this way.... i put the pcb of the 750ti im using in the top shelf of my dishwasher and it works fine, just need to make sure its totally dry before powering it

i know this is troll video but i have actually washed video cards this way.... i put the pcb of the 750ti im using in the top shelf of my dishwasher and it works fine, just need to make sure its totally dry before powering it

i once washed my 4 titan blacks in a dishwasher