Reinstalling Windows 10 on New SSD

PotatOS - Andrew
Go to solution Solved by KamiKatze,

Use a Windows 10 install medium and install windows 10. It will ask you to verify your Windows license online. Since you already registered your Windows license to your motherboard, you will be abled to automatically register, no windows key needed.

So I have just got a new SSD, and I'd like to install Windows 10 on it.  The thing is, I've already upgraded from my personally bought copy of Win8, to Win10 on my current HDD.  I want to use the SSD only, and not use the HDD at all anymore since I am completely fresh installing and I have a newer, 1TB HDD that I want to use alongside the SSD.  I've heard that Windows is tied to the motherboard, not the install disk so would it be as simple as running the USB boot media and using my win8 product key, or is it more difficult?  I've also heard that if you go about it the right way, reinstalling Win8 will let you upgrade to win10 again.  Is this correct?  I would be willing to upgrade to 10 from 8 again, the one thing that I am unsure about is using my product key when it is already in use by my HDD, even though I won't be using it anymore.  Any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!

EDIT:  Sorry, this wasn't really clear.  I want to literally take out my current hard drive from the computer and replace it with the SSD, so the HDD will not be formatted.  Is this the correct way to go about fresh installing?

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job

Use a Windows 10 install medium and install windows 10. It will ask you to verify your Windows license online. Since you already registered your Windows license to your motherboard, you will be abled to automatically register, no windows key needed.

who cares...

Perfect, thanks so much!

My life is consumed by CS:GO, even though I'm not exceptionally good at it.

CPU: AMD A10-5800K | GPU: Gigabyte R9 270 2GB | RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz HyperX Blu | Storage: 120GB Samsung 850 EVO + 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Chassis: NZXT H230 | Mobo: Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM-HD3 | PSU: Corsair CX500 500W | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 EVO | OS: Windows 10
In order of priority: GTX 970 Strix, 2 good 1080p monitors, i5 4690k, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 LGA 1150, a job