USB Soundcard

squrit_air

I'm getting a razer blade for school, I have a Siberia V2 and I would like to do some minor gaming in between class. So Should I get the Steelseries or ASUS USB sound card?

NZXT Phantom 810 Black, AMD FX-6100, FX-990 Sabertooth gen 1, 16GB 1333MHz Corsair, 2x HD 6770

Not worth the hassle in my opinion... Probably won't help that much either.

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

I wouldn't get a USB sound card, it sounds like a pain and really weird to be honest I have never seen a good sound card with usb. All the sound cards I have went through and looked at usually never have USB. There is probably a reason for it but I would stay away from that.

A USB sound card won't have much noticeable improvement with that headset. I would save the money an invest in a decent set of cans, then use the Siberia's for gaming.

CaptainFox77 - USB devices are fine as long as they are good quality! Most USB DACs/Amps  under the $100 pricepoint are generally not worth the money.

+1 for not bothering. the difference isn't worth it if there is any perceivable at all with the siberias. for between classes you're looking at a timeframe of max an hour or 2 and for that you are introducing an element that could snag on something or a tiny device that could easily be lost or stolen 

not worth the audio not worth the effort not worth the risk of it being lost/broken/stolen

the pros do not outweigh the cons and the pro is only a marginal increase in audio fidelity if at all. 

Thanks guys, so i should just get a converter from the standard two 3.5mm ports to the one port.

NZXT Phantom 810 Black, AMD FX-6100, FX-990 Sabertooth gen 1, 16GB 1333MHz Corsair, 2x HD 6770

I wouldn't get a USB sound card, it sounds like a pain and really weird to be honest I have never seen a good sound card with usb. All the sound cards I have went through and looked at usually never have USB. There is probably a reason for it but I would stay away from that.

Fiio E10 O2 dac/amp wombo combo. Do you even Internet? This made my brain full of fuck reading this.

Also; for the Siberia V2 don't waste your money/time unless you get real headphones.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review