Audio from to TV

Lavachyste

Hi,

I just received my LG 4k TV. ON the TV, you should ba able to plug in two composite RCA audio from your PC, which I did. The cable comes from my Sound Card and goes directly to the red and white plug behind the TV but no sounds. I can't find any thing in the setup of the TV. I tried different setups and still no sounds. When I plug the RCA cables to my desk speaker, it works.

Do you have an idea?

The TV is the LG 43UF680V, sound card Asus STX.

David

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Hi,

I just received my LG 4k TV. ON the TV, you should ba able to plug in two composite RCA audio from your PC, which I did. The cable comes from my Sound Card and goes directly to the red and white plug behind the TV but no sounds. I can't find any thing in the setup of the TV. I tried different setups and still no sounds. When I plug the RCA cables to my desk speaker, it works.

Do you have an idea?

The TV is the LG 43UF680V, sound card Asus STX.

David

Hmm that should definitely work, are those ports marked "pc audio in"? there might be a setting the menus somewhere to switch the audio inputs

Alternatively will it not receive sound through HDMI? it should have ARC

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Hmm that should definitely work, are those ports marked "pc audio in"? there might be a setting the menus somewhere to switch the audio inputs

Thanks for the answer. Yes it has the PC in AUDIO mark on it. And yes, the GDMI is ARC. Consider that I run the TV from a HDMI cable coming from my PC directly. On the TV settings there's no spot to change audio input.

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength" Arnold

Ok, I found what was the problem. I need to change in windows the audio output. Instead of putting it on Asus speaker, I ned to change to TV. Which is weird to me  but anyway. Thanks buddy

Ok, I found what was the problem. I need to change in windows the audio output. Instead of putting it on Asus speaker, I ned to change to TV. Which is weird to me  but anyway. Thanks buddy

Ah yeah :) I should have told you to check that haha

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii